Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Computer Technical Help (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Laptop and Dell deals question. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384844)

siccjay 11-25-2005 01:31 AM

Laptop and Dell deals question.

I need to purchase a laptop by the end of the year. I know Dell offers pretty good deals every now and then. How do I know which ones are the decent ones and which ones are great?

Anyone have any pages with a laptop FAQ or something like that?

I also need to make sure I can 4 table with no overlap.

Thanks

MrMoo 11-25-2005 02:06 AM

Re: Laptop and Dell deals question.

Just make sure you get a screen that is UXGA if you want to four table.

Hard to say when they're a good deal or not. It depends on the laptop and what you're looking for.

siccjay 11-25-2005 02:16 AM

Inspiron 9300 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Display 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
Video Card 128MB ATIs™ Mobility Radeon™ X300
Hard Drive 100GB 5400rpmHard Drive
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD/DVD Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Wireless Networking Card Intel® PRO 2915 and Dell 350 Bluetooth Internal Wireless Cards
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No productivity suite- Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) No Security Subscription
Digital Music Musicmatch by Yahoo!™ Music- Entry level with 90 days of On Demand
Primary Battery 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (80 WHr) w/ 128mb Memory Key
Hardware Warranty 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr Mail-In Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support
Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Digital Imaging Corel Photo Album™ 6 Starter Edition - Organize and Edit your photos
Additional Battery 9-cell Lithium Ion Additional Battery (80 WHr)
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service & Support
Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected - includes limited use trial
Operating System Backup & Recovery PC Restore recovery system by Symantec

Dell 720 Color Printer Qty 1
Free Dell Color Printer 720 Unit Price $0.00
Free 720 printer with purchase of select Dell Systems.
Limited Time Offer!

Catalog Number: 29
Module Description Show Details
Dell Color Printer 720 Free Dell Color Printer 720
Hardware Warranty 1Yr Ltd. Warranty, 1 yr HW Warranty Support, 1 yr Advance Exchange

TOTAL:$1,269.00

This is in the cart right now.

I ask because I don't really need this right away and I'd like to hold out for the best deal possible. I'm basically clueless when it comes to laptops.

MrMoo 11-25-2005 04:16 PM

Thats a pretty good deal. I just purchased an almost identical laptop except smaller hard drive and smaller battery for 1088 shipped.

I'm not sure how you came up with that price. I went to the Dell site and configured the same system and it came out to 1491 for me. Do you really need the bluetooth card?

If you've got a little extra to spend you might consider using the 750 off 1999 coupon thats on fatwallet.com right now.

If this is going to be your primary system, this is a pretty good laptop. If you're only going to use it occassionally, you may want to drop down to the Inspriron 6000 to save some money.

siccjay 11-25-2005 05:05 PM

I went through Dell EPP to config it. Theres a thread on Fatwallet about it. That coupon won't stack with the ones I was already using. I only got the Bluetooth because I figured in a year or so I'd be pissed I didn't get it.

It won't be my primary system at all it would be for travel and a backup for now.