Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Eastbay's awesome SNG tool , now has MTT use!!! (damn him) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311330)

A_PLUS 08-09-2005 01:23 PM

Eastbay\'s awesome SNG tool , now has MTT use!!! (damn him)

For those of you that don't know. 2+2er Eastbay created a great SNG tool (see his profile for website). Basically, you can calculate $EV for any push or call throughout a SNG.

Well, he just added a CEV option. So basically, you can analyze any open push situation in a tournament from a CEV persective. Awesome, b/c this is great stuff to know. Very very bad, b/c I spent a lot of time creating my own version of this, and it was one of my competitive advantages over better players. Oh well, I guess I need to learn how to play poker now

Lloyd 08-09-2005 02:16 PM

Re: Eastbay\'s awesome SNG tool , now has MTT use!!! (damn him)

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you that don't know. 2+2er Eastbay created a great SNG tool (see his profile for website). Basically, you can calculate $EV for any push or call throughout a SNG.

Well, he just added a CEV option. So basically, you can analyze any open push situation in a tournament from a CEV persective. Awesome, b/c this is great stuff to know. Very very bad, b/c I spent a lot of time creating my own version of this, and it was one of my competitive advantages over better players. Oh well, I guess I need to learn how to play poker now

[/ QUOTE ]
This is definitely a fantastic tool. I learned so much by playing around with it and analyzing SNG hands. I haven't used it in awhile because I'm taking a break from SNGs and playing more cash games. Apparently I have to update to the new version now.

You can get it here.

mj12 08-09-2005 04:53 PM

has anyone else used this?

A_PLUS 08-09-2005 05:10 PM

most of the winning players at low-mid level SNGs have/do use it. I dont pimp books/products easily, this is awesome though, and he is a regular here, so I dont mind giving him free press

PorscheNGuns 08-09-2005 06:22 PM

Does anyone else think $79 is awfully pricey?

-Matt

Isura 08-09-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think $79 is awfully pricey?

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a fair price. Keep in mind that eastbay has lessons that come with the program, and he adds new lessons on a regualar basis.

A_PLUS 08-09-2005 10:21 PM

Unless you are a very good programmer (with the math/poker knowledge necessary), this would take you a very long time to create on your own. Unless you are a phenomenal natural poker player, the price is small for the improvements it will make in your game, IMO

CardSharpCook 08-09-2005 11:10 PM

So its -EV for me then? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Apathy 08-10-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So its -EV for me then? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played a few stts with you... It wouldn't hurt... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jk, of course.

I actually don't own this program, but then again I don't own prophecy, PT or any of those. Unless you learned how to do ICM calcs by hand till you practically memorized every situation I would reccomend trying the demo to this program at least to see what it does.