Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   River card makes me vomit in my mouth, plan of action? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357094)

redrooski24 10-13-2005 06:59 PM

River card makes me vomit in my mouth, plan of action?

After villain calls my 3 bet I put him on 9x or some kind of middle PP. With no turn raise, I discounted K9 and a set. On this river, what should be the general plan? No read on villain unfortunately.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero vomits and...

Bob T. 10-13-2005 07:07 PM

Re: River card makes me vomit in my mouth, plan of action?

Bet and fold to a raise. If he has a nine, he will tell you. If he doesn't, you want the value he gets when he calls.

jason_t 10-13-2005 07:10 PM

Bet/fold.

ncboiler 10-13-2005 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hero vomits and...

[/ QUOTE ]

This pot is not big enough to vomit over. If so quit.
Check. Call if the villian a margninal idiot (but you don't know this).

10-13-2005 08:25 PM

Well, I want a showdown with JJ in an 8BB pot heads up. I think check call is way better than bet/fold. He needs 7x, PP, or a missed draw more than 1/10th of the time for you to be profitable. I just don't think folding is an option. If you lead out with a bet he might fold one of these hands. If he has you beat he will certainly reraise. If you check, you might induce a bluff. Actually, I think this is a perfect check/call situation. I think you will be surprised by how often you win this one.

private joker 10-13-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think check call is slightly better than bet/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harv72b 10-13-2005 09:22 PM

I think he calls with an underpair a lot more often than he bets with one. That makes me want to bet/fold.

10-13-2005 10:00 PM

I like check/call if you are likely to induce a bluff...then again I don't value bet often enough.

goofball 10-13-2005 10:54 PM

Bet and sometimes fold I think

silkyslim 10-13-2005 11:09 PM

Choose your own adventure............
check: villain bets, you call: 89, you lose -1BB
47, you win +1 BB
villain checks: you win 0BB

bet: villain calls: you win +1 BB
villain folds: 0 BB
villain raises: with a 9, you fold -1BB
with a busted draw, you fold best hand

i like check/call, because you only give up a value bet sometimes when villain doesnt bluff with a crap hand but you never fold the best hand. bet/fold always cost you 1 bet.