Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   OT: UK poker shows (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338527)

stanzee 09-16-2005 09:49 PM

OT: UK poker shows

I rarely watch poker on tv but just been watching some poker on sky(UK satellite broadcaster). Jesus, some of the play has been terrible! I admit it's all been shorthanded, but i need a shot at some of these guys. I'm even tempted to move back away from the soft games at party, and go back to the slightly tougher and more aggressive euro sites (ladbrokes for example.. they don't allow US players though) just to get my shot on TV. I think i'd walk over them. I may well be one of the potentially best players in the UK judging by what i've seen! Even the commentators don't know what they're talking about!

Note: I still love the USA tho for your truly awful players on party!

Flame away! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jman28 09-16-2005 10:28 PM

Re: OT: UK poker shows

Post this in WPT or something.

stanzee 09-16-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's that?

Jman28 09-16-2005 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's that?

[/ QUOTE ]

<------ another forum (not STT)

stanzee 09-16-2005 10:36 PM

i started the forum with OT, and don't see how it belongs in WPT. This being the main forum i visit, it's sticking here! (even with the lack of interest)

Jman28 09-17-2005 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i started the forum with OT, and don't see how it belongs in WPT. This being the main forum i visit, it's sticking here! (even with the lack of interest)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. Look at that. Apparently it's not.

MegaBet 09-17-2005 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely watch poker on tv but just been watching some poker on sky(UK satellite broadcaster). Jesus, some of the play has been terrible! I admit it's all been shorthanded, but i need a shot at some of these guys. I'm even tempted to move back away from the soft games at party, and go back to the slightly tougher and more aggressive euro sites (ladbrokes for example.. they don't allow US players though) just to get my shot on TV. I think i'd walk over them. I may well be one of the potentially best players in the UK judging by what i've seen! Even the commentators don't know what they're talking about!

Note: I still love the USA tho for your truly awful players on party!

Flame away! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must apologise for my countryman. We're not all as arrogant as this in the UK. The truly good players do not feel the need to big themselves up over the internet - we're happy to take the Barry Greenstien approach and keep a fairly low profile, and just let our poker do the talking. It is obvious to me that this guy stanzee is not a good player, or has been on a really bad run lately. Why else would he be drowning his sorrows and trying to boost his deflated ego?

09-17-2005 09:17 AM

...not only that, he's not even a good troll. bah