Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   People Who You Will Tip For The Holidays (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387726)

IndieMatty 11-29-2005 04:27 PM

People Who You Will Tip For The Holidays

A discussional post, that will maybe enlighten some of the cheapskates on the board..

Me:

1. My drycleaners, based on previous posts, these guys rock and I love them with or without knowing their names. I plan on buying the men a good bottle of whiskey or scotch, and something girly for the ladies. Crabtree/Evelyn type stuff.

2. My maid service, they come once every two weeks and we are charged $92.33, I will give them $100.

2. The guys who make my breakfast every sunday, I don't even have to wait on the long ass line anymore. They know what I get and start making it when I walk in the door. Probably a box of cigars for the whole staff (5-10 awesome mexican guys) to share.

11-29-2005 04:30 PM

Re: People Who You Will Tip For The Holidays

They guy at Gamestop who got me 15 xbox 360s so that I could sell them on Ebay - making a quick $15k profit.

Shajen 11-29-2005 04:31 PM

I don't have "the usual" places I go to, so I won't be tipping anyone that I normally wouldn't.

Different world outside of NYC, broham.

chisness 11-29-2005 04:32 PM

by 15k profit do you mean 7k profit?

mslif 11-29-2005 04:33 PM

I will bake a french apple pie for the owner of my favorite Vietnamese restaurant. They always remember my name and know what I want. He has requested this pie before so I will bake one for Christmas.

My maintenance guy, he is awesome. Thanks to him, I never have to worry about fixing anything at my place and is always there within the hour. I will probably give him a nice tip or a gift card to home depot.

Smackdab 11-29-2005 04:43 PM

1. Hairstylist - I normally tip her for every visit anyway. An additional $50 for the holidays. I'm getting older and the hair on my ears grows faster she always trims them and the eyebrows nicely for me.

2. Paper carrier - Never misses the box. If there is even a hint of moisture in the air it gets wrapped in plastic. Another $50 - Merry Christmas!

3. Drive up tellers at my main branch - At least twice weekly I come through with receipts for multiple accounts that eats up about 30 mins of their day. A nice 1 lb box of chocolates for all 5 there that wait on me.

BoogerFace 11-29-2005 04:44 PM

Cleaning lady is a must. $100 sounds about right.

samjjones 11-29-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I will take my wife out to a nice dinner, because otherwise she will spend the money on stupid [censored] like yet another purse or something.

istewart 11-29-2005 05:19 PM

Mailman.

Eurotrash 11-29-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I will take my wife out to a nice dinner, because otherwise she will spend the money on stupid [censored] like yet another purse or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice.