Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Trouble hands (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=121788)

StuR 09-08-2004 01:32 PM

Trouble hands

Troubles with the iffy PP's JJ-99

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

I'm happy with this hand right down to the river, where I have 2 questions.

1)The wake up bet on the river means I'm beaten, right? The queen is an overcard and completes a straight

2)If I stay in, do I raise to get rid of BB, even though I'm probably beat?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Fold to the turn check-raise with a four straight on the board? Fold the river when the five pairs?

StuR

Bill Smith 09-08-2004 03:03 PM

Re: Trouble hands

The JJ hand: Raising is definitely a bad option. I'd probably still call it unless I had a good read that MP1 would only bet if you were beat. And actually, my personal opinion is that calling and folding are about equal here...

The TT hand: You did fine. Lots of people love to bluff and semi-bluff in this position.

ThunderAces 09-08-2004 03:55 PM

Hand 1 you gotta let go. If it was heads up I'd say it was close you'd only have to catch him bluffing 1 in ten times. But it's still close.
When he bets into two of you, could still get raised behind. Rare a guy bulffs into 2 players when just callin the whole way into a fairly small pot. As far as raisin out the BB I'd be much more worried about the better.

Second Hand. What do you think he has? He could have a draw but most of the time a c/r will have you beat coupled with the fact his draw will get there sometimes. He could have 2 pr that u have ten outs to, but unless u hit the ten you won't know where u r at. Plus u could hit your ten and tough to raise with that board, so no extra $ when u get there. Don't get married to these over pairs they will bleed the profits.

Gatts 09-08-2004 03:58 PM

ThunderAces,

Nice seeing you at 2+2. Seen you around Stars .25/.50 lately (and been losing to your rockets with queens...).

LowDown22 09-08-2004 04:08 PM

I think you played both hands fine. In hand one, I'd call the river, if BB raises then fold.

ThunderAces 09-08-2004 04:20 PM

Thanks. I'll see ya at stars

SoCalPat 09-08-2004 05:36 PM

Hand 1: With the size of the field, the two overcards and flush and straight possibilities, I think you can safely muck here. However, if you know for sure MP1 will frequently bluff in situations like these, a raise could be the only way you win the pot.

Hand 2: Heads up at these limits, I will never fold an overpair to the board for one bet for a pot of this size. If the turn made your opponent two pair (one of the pairs can't be a 5), then you sucked out on the river with a bigger two pair. In fact, if your opponent doesn't have a 6, you probably win.

Jay G. 09-08-2004 05:40 PM

Stu, did you have any reads on the players?

On the JJ hand, I would lean more heavily towards folding if MP1 was generally passive. Otherwise I think calling 1 river bet is not bad (since the BB will almost surely not raise -- he's been passive the whole hand). You're probably usually beaten in this situation, though. I'm more inclined to call if MP1 is aggressive or tricky.

On the TT hand I am leaning towards folding, unless BB is aggressive or tricky. Maybe that's too weak/tight on my part, though.

-J.