Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   too aggressive? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406044)

12-27-2005 05:56 PM

too aggressive?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (2.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB

sean c 12-27-2005 06:05 PM

Re: too aggressive?

Hi LLL. I can't think of one single good reason to check/raise the turn.

Eeegah 12-27-2005 06:05 PM

The turn c/r makes no sense whatsoever. Why did you think he'd bet? Why did you offer him a free card on the odd chance that he has a draw? Why c/r a card that crippled your hand?

12-27-2005 06:16 PM

So I should of bet folded the turn?

Or should i have checked the flo?

Or what should I have done preflop, flop and turn?

Eeegah 12-27-2005 06:20 PM

Certainly bet the flop. Bet/Folding the turn isn't bad either. If he has trips (or 44) now he'll let you know, and he's not raising with anything less--oh and the pot's small.

Black Peter 12-27-2005 06:26 PM

I can't see why you would check-raise here.

You should have bet or checked the turn. If he bet-raises, then figure you're beat. He's either got the J or a better kicker than you. After all, he called you on the flop, which means he likely has the J or a better A.

You might have raised pre-flop just to see where you stood since they limped in. Then when the A hit, you bet. If you get a call, you're probably beat by a better A. If not, the hand is over and you're not stressing like this.

kiemo 12-27-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You might have raised pre-flop just to see where you stood since they limped in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

Black Peter 12-27-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You might have raised pre-flop just to see where you stood since they limped in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's in the BB with an A and two late calls. Depending on the table, i might have raised here to see if they were limping in with rags or not. If they are calling stations, i would be even more likely to... and bet the flop when the A hit.

12-27-2005 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You should have bet or checked the turn. If he bet-raises, then figure you're beat. He's either got the J or a better kicker than you. After all, he called you on the flop, which means he likely has the J or a better A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres a thought. What if He doesn't have the jack?

He has as much chance of having an ace.

Now, The 2nd jack hits. If I Check , he is going to bet ANYTHING. He'd be wrong not to bet and ace, jack, 4 or flush draw. As far as the kicker question is concerned, the J causes me to have 2 pair (Just like villain possibly). The benefit is that any card higher than more 4 on the river fixes my kicker question. Now if the villain has an ace, I am looking at a chop pot, if he stays in. The Jack is a good scare card for him as well and may cause a fold. I can fold to a 3bet. I also can get to showdown for the 2 BB's generally (The C/R) If I check/ call on both the turn and the river, I put 2 BB's in anyway. check/folding is too weak in my opinion.

I am not saying I did this right, but there has to be a better way than folding top 2 pair to a bet on the turn.

LLL

Black Peter 12-27-2005 08:19 PM

You're assuming that you can outplay him when you're beat pre-flop and on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, The 2nd jack hits. If I Check , he is going to bet ANYTHING. He'd be wrong not to bet and ace, jack, 4 or flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why i said to bet your A on the flop to find out where you are.

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the kicker question is concerned, the J causes me to have 2 pair (Just like villain possibly). The benefit is that any card higher than more 4 on the river fixes my kicker question.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does? What if the river is an 8 and he has A9-K?