Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How is this line with KK? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405456)

Coolidge 12-26-2005 05:38 PM

How is this line with KK?

.5/1

This is my 1st orbit of the table so I know nothing.
Hero is UTG+1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PRE -
1 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, MP calls, 1 folds, Button raises, blinds fold, Hero caps, MP and Button both call.

FLOP - 3 players(6.75bb) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, MP calls, Button raises, Hero 3 bets, MP calls, Button calls.

TURN - 3 players (10.5bb) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, MP calls, Button raises, Hero folds...

I didn't know what to do on the turn. I thought I would bet/fold as opposed to check/call, check call.Anyone check/fold?
I need help.

PokerBob 12-26-2005 05:42 PM

Re: How is this line with KK?

i doubt button is raisng this flop with AK given the pf action, and IMO he is capping with AA. I think I'd want to see a showdwon here.

Coolidge 12-26-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i doubt button is raisng this flop with AK given the pf action, and IMO he is capping with AA. I think I'd want to see a showdwon here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense...
I just don't see a hand I beat raising the turn with me capping preflop and 3-betting the flop.

12-26-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense...
I just don't see a hand I beat raising the turn with me capping preflop and 3-betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ/JJ. He could be thinking who would lead a turn with AA if they hit a set.

12-26-2005 05:57 PM

I think hero was right to fold. With two others are in on the pot you really have to assume one of them was pushing with an ace.

I don't think it would be out of line to call down, simply because it looks like you could get to the end for only another two dollars.

silkyslim 12-26-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
is that because you play for million dollar small bets usually and a couple bucks is no big deal??? I would fold, not soley because the guy raised the turn, but also because MP is calling happily along with his ace-4 offsuit

Coolidge 12-26-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold, not soley because the guy raised the turn, but also because MP is calling happily along with his ace-4 offsuit

[/ QUOTE ]

But, would you bet/fold the turn or check/fold?

HouseCalls 12-26-2005 10:20 PM

*grunch*
Preflop - good
Flop - good
Turn - I don't think you can say for sure that the A helped villains; (they seem to have been pretty happy with their cards post flop even before the A came so maybe its a blank. Lets say that's true 10%of the time plus you have 2 outs to improve to trip K's which will hit roughly 4% of the time so you will win a total of 14% of the time from here which gives you 86:14 or 6.1:1 odds here. With 10.5 BB in the pot, I'd c/c UI and fold if there is a raise.

12-26-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense...

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ/JJ. He could be thinking who would lead a turn with AA if they hit a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are giving an unknown micro limit player too much credit to think that far ahead. I fold.