Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3/6 I flopped trips villian goes nuts on the river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367825)

MexKrax 10-29-2005 12:33 PM

3/6 I flopped trips villian goes nuts on the river

Villian in this hand is loose and a little passive post flop 50/18/1.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Was 3 betting the river a bad idea here? I put the villian on something like KT. Of course this could also have been a slow played 8 with a better kicker.

10-29-2005 12:42 PM

Re: 3/6 I flopped trips villian goes nuts on the river

[ QUOTE ]
something like KT. Of course this could also have been a slow played 8 with a better kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever it is you have to call down. whatever it is he played it pretty badly.

10-29-2005 01:38 PM

If it was a slowplay it was a really bad one. I'd put villian on some random K after the river raise. Probably K8 after the 4 bet, but you pay off anyways.

TTChamp 10-29-2005 02:09 PM

I would just call the river reraise. If he is ahead I have to beieve that he would cap after you 3 bet. Let's also assume that he always calls your three bet if he is behind. That means that you need to be ahead &gt;67% of the time to make your 3 bet +EV. Given your description of villian, I don't think you are at 67%. Against a LAG or Maniac I 3 bet. If you have a solid read on villian as passive I just call.

I play weak tight compared to most on here so I'm guessing that the majority will advocate your 3 bet.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised to see a badly played T8 or KK here. Results?

DCWildcat 10-29-2005 02:24 PM

You probably lost to a better 8 or KT, but I think you still need to 3-bet that river. People will be holding crap like AK, KQ, etc. enough for the river raise that you should 3-bet.

TTChamp 10-29-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably lost to a better 8 or KT, but I think you still need to 3-bet that river. People will be holding crap like AK, KQ, etc. enough for the river raise that you should 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

KT???

MexKrax 10-29-2005 07:40 PM

Villian showed K8 for the rivered boat.

brazilio 10-29-2005 07:45 PM

He's obviously more than a little passive postflop.