Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Dating a neighbor... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335890)

kerssens 09-13-2005 01:08 PM

Dating a neighbor...

..good, bad, indifferent?

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-13-2005 01:08 PM

Re: Dating a neighbor...

Wait... who was the guy who wanted on the hot single mom that moved in next door to him a while back?

jba 09-13-2005 01:09 PM

terrible.

she will want to come over all the time.

bosoxfan 09-13-2005 01:09 PM

You know what Jake would say

TheMainEvent 09-13-2005 01:10 PM

See: Dating a girl on your floor in college.

Bad under most circumstances.

peterchi 09-13-2005 01:10 PM

Good

Very convenient for late night rendezvous

And not like dating a co-worker or classmate, where you still have to see them every day if you break up. Neighbors are easy to avoid if you have to.

RacersEdge 09-13-2005 01:10 PM

Probably bad overall. I mean you date her, you like her, but don't necessarily want to see her every day - but there she is...

TheMainEvent 09-13-2005 01:12 PM

The trick to this one is, if you break up, make her hate you enough that she moves away.

peterchi 09-13-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See: Dating a girl on your floor in college.

Bad under most circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]
I take back everything I said if neighbor = dorm mate.

Tailgunner 09-13-2005 01:14 PM

Depends on your neighbor.

http://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/18609/ugly8.JPG

ChipWrecked 09-13-2005 01:16 PM

Bad. Never [censored] where you eat.

Boris 09-13-2005 01:19 PM

tap it.

kerssens 09-13-2005 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad. Never [censored] where you eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

which word is censored there? I'd never take a [censored] in my kitchen but I might [censored] there.

IndieMatty 09-13-2005 01:24 PM

Explain the actual neighbor situation. Is it a neighbor, as in a house next door. Down the hall in an apartment? right next door?

The answer is yes anyway to all of them.

kerssens 09-13-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Explain the actual neighbor situation. Is it a neighbor, as in a house next door. Down the hall in an apartment? right next door?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apartment, next building down. Known her for a bit, never really thought anything but friends. She picked me up from the airport, I baked her a pie, feels different now.

Edge34 09-13-2005 01:31 PM

Not cool, tailgunner, not cool.

IndieMatty 09-13-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apartment, next building down. Known her for a bit, never really thought anything but friends. She picked me up from the airport, I baked her a pie, feels different now.

[/ QUOTE ]

This shouldn't even be a question man. I'm a little misty eyed reading that. Ask her out.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-13-2005 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apartment, next building down.

[/ QUOTE ]
WHAT? This doesn't count as neighbor. Hit it.

Bluffoon 09-13-2005 01:36 PM

If it was work I would say no. Too complicated. But this is an easy yes. How much would you really see her if things get awkward anyway? Now if she is married that's another story. Then it starts to get complicated again.

If it really gets to be a problem you can always move.

ihardlyknowher 09-13-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I baked her a pie

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

wayabvpar 09-13-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me her apartment # so I can take a gander at her.

Bluffoon 09-13-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I baked her a pie

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon that's nice. I bet we'd all get more if we baked 'em a pie.

TheMainEvent 09-13-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kerssens 09-13-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I baked her a pie

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't get a hold of my dad or sister to pick me up so I called her. I said "thanks a lot" she said "hey, bake me a pie sometime". she thought she was joking, I guess the joke was on her.

kerssens 09-13-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping you'd see this...did you get the mormons the other day?

IndieMatty 09-13-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I baked her a pie

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't get a hold of my dad or sister to pick me up so I called her. I said "thanks a lot" she said "hey, bake me a pie sometime". she thought she was joking, I guess the jokes was on her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. In all seriousness. That's money. If I was a girl, that would pretty much be it.

Is laying off the sauce for a while part of this too?

Soul Daddy 09-13-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't get a hold of my dad or sister to pick me up so I called her. I said "thanks a lot" she said "hey, bake me a pie sometime". she thought she was joking, I guess the jokes was on her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. In all seriousness. That's money. If I was a girl, that would pretty much be it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed. I mean, she pretty much set it on a tee for you, but still. Well done.

kerssens 09-13-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I baked her a pie

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just want to do that for myself.

wayabvpar 09-13-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was out watching football at my buddy's- they jammed a pamphlet in my door though. Narrowly avoided!

lu_hawk 09-13-2005 01:50 PM

I went on 3 dates with a girl that lives a couple blocks away from me and it is has turned out to be the worst mistake I have made in awhile. Definitely don't do it if you think she is the kind of girl you would just want to go out with a few times.

mslif 09-13-2005 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I baked her a pie

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon that's nice. I bet we'd all get more if we baked 'em a pie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner here! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

kerssens 09-13-2005 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was out watching football at my buddy's- they jammed a pamphlet in my door though. Narrowly avoided!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a coworker that lives in the building on top of the hill and they didn't even go up there. I guess they didn't want to bike up that hill.

ChipWrecked 09-13-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Toro 09-13-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
terrible.

she will want to come over all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily true. A million years ago when I was single I lived in an apartment complex. In the apartment directly across from me lived a single woman, my age, attractive, but not my type. We would smile and say hello and a little small talk but that was it.

After about 6 months, one night I get a knock on the door about midnight. It's her and she tells me she's got a date and made a mistake and asked the guy up for a drink and he won't leave and would I just come over and have a drink and hopefully the guy would get the hint and leave.

The guy got the hint immediately and left. As I'm getting up to leave she asks me to hang around and have another drink and I ended up spending the night with her. I was worried just as you are that she was going to want to come over to place all the time and cramp my style, but no, we just continued on as before for about another 6 months.

Then I got a knock on the door again around midnight, same scenario with a date she couldn't get rid of and I end up spending the night again. And again, we went back to our usual hellos in the hallway like nothing happened.

Eventually she got a steady bf and got married so no more late night rescues for me.

Sponger15SB 09-13-2005 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I baked her a pie

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was a girl, I'd have sex with Kerssens.

Wait, what?

ChipWrecked 09-13-2005 02:07 PM

So that's the origin of the pie baking post. My original assessment of your sexual orientation is now amended. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Victor 09-13-2005 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I baked her a pie

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i baked a girl a cake in high school once. same kind of situation as kersens. we had a good reportoire as well.

we were supposed to go to a party later. her and her bitchy friends ditched me bc i was a little late due to work. she ended up screwing some dude there.

i pretty much hate women.

B00T 09-13-2005 07:10 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/B00T/idhitit1uq.gif

gorie 09-13-2005 07:35 PM

i had a crush on a neighbor once.

actually the crush might have been more on his car than him since i barely ever actually saw him i'd just get excited hearing his car drive up and park outside my window.

i say go for it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Alobar 09-13-2005 07:59 PM

dont [censored] where you eat

edit: never mind, I saw she lives like 900 buildings away. Go for it