Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The toughness of games at absolute (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400299)

partygirluk 12-17-2005 03:37 PM

Re: The toughness of games at absolute

[ QUOTE ]
Kurosh doesn't fold. Doesn't mean the games aren't tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, the games are great [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to Dean [Qc Qs]
x - Folds
y - Folds
Geormiet - Raises $15 to $20
Dean - Raises $20 to $30
Geormiet - Raises $20 to $40
Dean - Calls $10
*** FLOP *** [4d 9d 7c]
Geormiet - Bets $10
Dean - Raises $20 to $20
Geormiet - Raises $20 to $30
Dean - Calls $10
*** TURN *** [4d 9d 7c] [10s]
Geormiet - Bets $20
Dean - Raises $40 to $40
Geormiet - Calls $20
*** RIVER *** [4d 9d 7c 10s] [7s]
Geormiet - Checks
Dean - Bets $20
Geormiet - Raises $40 to $40
Dean - Calls $20
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Geormiet - Shows [7d Qd] (Three of a kind, sevens)
Dean - Mucks

Danenania 12-17-2005 03:38 PM

I think the river call is good but why cap the flop? If villain is laggy I definitely prefer to let him keep the lead.

kurosh 12-17-2005 03:41 PM

Because I get 3-bet by overcards a lot of the time. I don't want these overcards to check behind on the turn and I'd rather do this and lead than gaybet the turn. It prevents a better hand from raising the turn sometimes. When I do have a good hand, I get to bet-3bet the turn. After I do this a couple times, people stop 3-betting the flop with overcards and I have an easier time playing.

geormiet 12-17-2005 03:45 PM

This was expert play, on every street.

surfdoc 12-17-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. The end looks like megatilt!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. It is hard to lose that much in such a short time even if you tried.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if this is serious or not. I don't think losing 100BB is all that hard. I play a lower variance style and still have these types of swings in both directions close to daily.

Spicymoose 12-17-2005 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. The end looks like megatilt!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. It is hard to lose that much in such a short time even if you tried.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if this is serious or not. I don't think losing 100BB is all that hard. I play a lower variance style and still have these types of swings in both directions close to daily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I phrased what I meant wrong. I meant that this could easily happen do to simple variance, and that tilting is probably not the reason for a drastic drop like that.

kurosh 12-17-2005 04:07 PM

I lost 75BB in 80 hands yesterday. It happens.

BradL 12-17-2005 04:59 PM

I dropped almost 200bb in a day on ap at 25/50 playing 3-4 handed and HU. Do I think the games are tough? yeah. Unbeatable? No. Lots of variance? For sure.

-Brad

Subfallen 12-17-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The absolute games are pretty tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

Compliments of PokerGeek
Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $10/$20 Stakes (3 handed)

Preflop: Button raises, Small blind folds, Kurosh calls

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Kurosh checks, Button bets, Kurosh raises, Button raises, Kurosh raises, Button calls

Turn: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Kurosh bets, Button raises, Kurosh calls

River: (11.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Kurosh checks, Button bets, Kurosh calls

Final Pot: $243

Results below:
Button has K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (One pair, kings)
Kurosh does not show T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how could this river call be less than a 1BB mistake? how?

Ryno 12-17-2005 05:20 PM

I can only speak for the 25-50 game, but it is bad most of the time except for when it's really really good. Basically if there's a name you don't recognize, it's worth taking a look.

But it goes without saying that the reason to play Absolute is for rakeback/bonus whoring, which is the best out there AFAIK.