Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Help me buy a car! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254869)

ZeeJustin 05-18-2005 08:44 PM

Help me buy a car!

Ok, I know nothing about cars. Some guy asked me why I don't just get a viper, and I responded that I dont even know what a viper is. I know nothing.

I just moved to LA a week ago, and I desperately need a car to get around. I'm aiming for the $20,000 - $25,000 price range, although I could be suckered into paying as much as $30,000.

I think I want a luxury car (definately not a jeep or suv or anything like that). I'm under the impression that anything new will be way out of my price range, so something used that's 2-4 years old will be fine.

I'll be blunt. I want something that will impress girls, something that a 19 year old girl would look twice when she sees a 19 year old guy driving it.

Not only do I know nothing about cars, I know nothing about buying them. Is carmax a good place to buy one? I don't even know how that works really.

I want something small and compact. I listen to music all the time and play it very loud, so a decent sound system is important too. Other than that, looks are the only other important thing. I don't really like weird looking cars. I probably want it either black or silver, but like I said, I do want something that can potentially turn heads.

Any and all advice is appreciated.
-TIA
-ZJ

ThaSaltCracka 05-18-2005 08:45 PM

Re: Help me buy a car!

2003 Subaru WRX

peachy 05-18-2005 08:47 PM

99 m3

Blackjack 05-18-2005 08:47 PM

Dude - you asked this in MIRC.

Here are the definitive answers.
* Subaru WRX
* BMW 330 Coupe
* Honda S2000 Convertible (2 seater)
* Infinity G35 Coupe
* Pontiac Solstice 2006 (Sick Convertible)

Coupe is 2 doors if you didn't know already

tbach24 05-18-2005 08:48 PM

A used lexus (I don't know what model) would be good. They are reliable, nice looking, and have nice interiors.

Sponger15SB 05-18-2005 08:50 PM

In a thread a while back you were talking about your move to LA, and someone asked why, and you didn't end up answering, so...

Why did you move to LA?

SpearsBritney 05-18-2005 08:52 PM

350 Z is the obvious choice

ZeeJustin 05-18-2005 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you move to LA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even before poker it was my favorite city. I hate cold weather, I hate the south, and the girls are insanely beautiful here. I also love the culture, everything is new and impressive.

Being closer to the poker scene is another nice bonus.

ClaytonN 05-18-2005 08:53 PM

On his website it said something about a brother of his in addition to a friend of his brother moving to LA and he decided to come along and share roomspace.

Maybe I should just let him explain.

Blackjack 05-18-2005 08:54 PM

Actually,

I agree totally with Spears. Although the bitch dissed the OC.
Get that or the Pussy Wagon from KBII.

Blackjack