Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Bad play or just unlucky. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=117146)

two_dogs 08-26-2004 04:46 PM

Bad play or just unlucky.

Party 20+2 sng

6 handed
Blinds 25/50t
I've got 845t in chips w 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG folds, I limp, 2 folds SB completes BB checks.
FLOP comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks BB checks I bet 50
SB folds BB puts me All-In.
I didn't have any read on him but I couldn't wait to shove all my chips in. I didn't even give it much thought. I had him on a K with a decent kicker.
HE had a King alright and his brother. So I went bye-bye.
So where did I go wrong?

unfrgvn 08-26-2004 05:12 PM

Re: Bad play or just unlucky.

I don't think you did anything wrong. This is where you type in the chat box "thats poker" and then go play another.

Gramps 08-26-2004 05:26 PM

Yes, first rule of SNGs is that you fold unless you have the absolute nuts. You obviously played it horribly, because poker is 100% skill and 0% luck in the short run. How could you not put him on exactly KK?

Bad Beat Police, where are you?

lastchance 08-26-2004 06:19 PM

If you've got middle set with that board, and he has top set, you give him your chips 100% of the time.

But I really don't like the flop bet of 50 where you are trying to hook your opponents in. I would have bet at least 75, probably more, or you could try checking them into a bluff. Either way, I think the bet of 50 just isn't a good play.

patrick dicaprio 08-26-2004 06:21 PM

where did you go wrong? nowhere.

Pat

two_dogs 08-27-2004 07:27 AM

Your comment is well taken and I thought about betting more but I was trying to suck someone in and even if I bet 150 or more I'm not sure I could of got off the all-in raise on Party.

nuclear500 08-27-2004 07:45 AM

At least on 'Stars recently I've been seeing a lot of people limping in with hands they clearly should be making sizable raises. Kings not raising is clearly asking for trouble if he doesn't hit a completely ragged flop or a set, and then if he does hit a ragged flop, he's limped and probably let the Big Blind Special in...it was the Kings mistake - granted he took your money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But it was still his 'bad play'

You played it fine, limping hoping for a set or blank flop against a most likely weak A,K or Q field.

betgo 08-27-2004 07:58 AM

I think your play was fine. Your opponent's play was terrible though. First, he should raise before the flop. Second, I don't like the huge allin with top set. If you didn't have a set or some other huge hand, you probably would have folded. With the way the cards fell, he was almost certain to win all your chips however he misplayed it.