Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Heads Up - What's My Turn/River Line Here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405931)

Pedigree 12-27-2005 03:03 PM

Heads Up - What\'s My Turn/River Line Here?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Pedigree is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Pedigree raises, 3 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)MP1 bets, Pedigree raises, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)MP1 bets, Pedigree ????

Villian is 74/0/.44 for 27 hands. Is the pot (5.5 BB) small enough to just fold here or do I have to call down?

GTSamIAm 12-27-2005 03:08 PM

Re: Heads Up - What\'s My Turn/River Line Here?

Instead of calling down on the river, I'd raise the turn folding to a 3-bet. Sometimes the person will have you beat and miss a river check-raise where you'll just check behind.

marchron 12-27-2005 03:44 PM

What makes you think you're behind?

The guy plays 3/4 of all his hands. He may not be smart enough to checkraise with a set, so that's still in the mix, as is any 3, 6/5, A/5 and weakly played 10/10-A/A. But everything else you're crushing.

I raise here and see what happens. I don't think I could even fold to a 3-bet though. His range is just too wide.

Songwind 12-27-2005 03:54 PM

27 hands isn't much time at the table with this guy. If you knew he was not aggressive over a couple hundred hands, even, I'd say to call down. As it is, I think you raise and see what happens.

Pedigree 12-27-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think you're behind?

The guy plays 3/4 of all his hands. He may not be smart enough to checkraise with a set, so that's still in the mix, as is any 3, 6/5, A/5 and weakly played 10/10-A/A. But everything else you're crushing.

I raise here and see what happens. I don't think I could even fold to a 3-bet though. His range is just too wide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm behind because my (very weak) stats indicates he's passive.

So if I raise the turn what's the consensus for how to react to a re-raise. I'm inclined to fold to a re-raise.

What if I raised and am called and then bet into on the river? Should I just call the river.

12-27-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm behind because my (very weak) stats indicates he's passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, passives love to bet into you with a hand they perceive as "strong", like top pair on this board. he could have trips, but there are a lot of other hands you're way ahead of.
if he 3bets, that's another story: that's pretty unusual behavior, and i'd probably fold.

sean c 12-27-2005 06:20 PM

His double donk reaks of a weak hand not wanting to give a free card. No way i fold here. Besides the fact that i think going to showdown here has a positive expectation finding out what the retard will donk two streets with is good info to have. He might be doing this with anything from quads to complete air and i want to know what he has. Sounds like every time your in a hand this guy is gonna be right there with you so lets find out how he plays.

Black Peter 12-27-2005 06:58 PM

IF you raised and were called on the turn, you gotta call the river. The pot's too big to fold then.

Pedigree 12-28-2005 10:44 AM

So the line is to raise the turn and then call the rest of the way no matter what?

sean c 12-28-2005 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the line is to raise the turn and then call the rest of the way no matter what?

[/ QUOTE ]

If i raised the turn and i wouldn't my cards would hit the muck before his 3-bet hit the table. You have a showdown hand and can't possibly put the goofball on a hand so lets just get to showdown here.

I would bet the river if checked to.