Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AKs v. shortstack PF decision? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391215)

Maulik 12-04-2005 05:25 PM

AKs v. shortstack PF decision?

When MP limp raises to $10 and has $50 behind a potsized bet will be $20 w/ Ace hi or if I happen to flop something?

Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($94.15)
MP ($59.70)
CO ($112)
Button ($105.45)
SB ($100.50)
Hero ($313.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $308.90 (All-In), MP calls $49.70 (All-In).

Flop: ($375.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($375.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($375.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $375.10

rachelwxm 12-04-2005 07:31 PM

Re: AKs v. shortstack PF decision?

he limp reraised and by that small amount you are at best a coin flip here. Given the price, I would probably call raise. I think he has KK or AA 80%+ time here and 0 chance folding to your all in.

12-04-2005 07:37 PM

I agree, either he has AA/KK here, he is "switching it up" with 7/8s (5% of time), or he is an idiot (the previous will usually qualify) and I don't know. I think I call and hope for flush/flush draw or Ace high board. He isn't calling a push if he was "switching it up", and I really doubt thats what hes doing here anyway. I dont trust my king outs here unless he gives me reason to. I pay his aces off if the case ace flops.

beavens 12-04-2005 07:41 PM

i would call the reraise and put him in on the flop hoping for JJ-KK and not AA.

Hattifnatt 12-04-2005 07:45 PM

Call the limpraise and take a flop.

cockandbull 12-04-2005 07:47 PM

I like the push. By the size of your stack i would think your playing aggresive poker and he is probably annoyed and likely to do this with ATs+ and most pairs. He is short which means he may well hold ax, ktc.

beavens 12-04-2005 07:52 PM

any stats/reads btw?

12-04-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the push. By the size of your stack i would think your playing aggresive poker and he is probably annoyed and likely to do this with ATs+ and most pairs. He is short which means he may well hold ax, ktc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats just wishful thinking without reads, but I guess thats what I may say to myself as I'm in the process of paying him off. Reads would certainly be nice. I think in general your AK will be dominated here 80-90% of the time, and that might be leniant. I don't see people pull this very often with trash unless they are idiots/tilting, which you would likely know.

scdavis0 12-04-2005 08:01 PM

I push here all day

cockandbull 12-04-2005 08:10 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think thats just wishful thinking without reads, but I guess thats what I may say to myself as I'm in the process of paying him off. Reads would certainly be nice. I think in general your AK will be dominated here 80-90% of the time, and that might be leniant. I don't see people pull this very often with trash unless they are idiots/tilting, which you would likely know.

i agree, most good players dont pull this move with as bigger range as a shortie. Given how short he is i think his range is bigger than just aa/kk