Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   AA, im gonna cry. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336222)

ahnuld 09-13-2005 08:52 PM

AA, im gonna cry.

Playing 400nl for about 30 minutes. Lost stack 1 with KK vs AA. lost stack 2 with set over set in a raised pot. Now we are on to stack number three. The tears are held back for now. The table must view me as tilty. Im in the BB with 400 bucks when the gods go for one more laugh and deal me black AA.

2 limps, when the button (400 too) makes it 20. I take 6 seconds and reraise to 70. He calls very quickly. Flop comes k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I begin to sniffle.
I bet 100 into 150 pot. He min riases. The tears are flowing, whats my line?

mgsimpleton 09-13-2005 08:59 PM

Re: AA, im gonna cry.

i'm of the mindset that if i put in 70 out of 400 with AA preflop i have no problem getting it all in on the flop. that being said it looks a lot like a set but it could also be AK. and i have no discipline. i'd push.

Allinlife 09-13-2005 08:59 PM

cry then puke.

push and hope he has AK...folding looks too weak but what do I know?

HoldEmKillah 09-13-2005 09:16 PM

Yeah crying on this flop is standard. Push even still. You need a fantastic read to fold here IMO. And calling is too weak UNLESS you plan on calling and open pushing any spade turn but the stacks aren't deep enough for that.

KidPokerX 09-13-2005 09:24 PM

push all in and close eyes

09-13-2005 09:53 PM

i think its possible he has a set but im counting more on KQ suited, those min raises are just gay! :P but they tell you so much

kagame 09-13-2005 09:54 PM

and then run off a royal

mgsimpleton 09-13-2005 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think its possible he has a set but im counting more on KQ suited, those min raises are just gay! :P but they tell you so much

[/ QUOTE ] i dont understand your use of gay in this context. does gay mean strong, like minraises are strong so it must be KQ? please do explain your use of this term here.

09-13-2005 10:08 PM

i meant gay meaning there have been many posts recently about those pesky min raises so i was just remarking about another minraise situation. in my experience when someone reraises preflop and then bets out on the flop showing strength and then caller (button) min raises, it tells me he is very strong and is trying to extract money here.

mgsimpleton 09-13-2005 10:11 PM

your post is worthless we have been over this and my post was merely pointing out that you are juvenile for using gay in this context. i think im going to comment on it every f-ing time because it annoys me so much and people keep doing it. peace