Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What happened last night on ESPN on the Jennifer Harman bad beat hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355980)

Toddy 10-12-2005 08:17 AM

What happened last night on ESPN on the Jennifer Harman bad beat hand?

I caught the brutal beat where the guy caught the 7d to get a straight flush to beat her boat, but what was she talking about when she was saying the other guy was rude? What did he say?

Thanks. It's bugging me.

10-12-2005 08:30 AM

Re: What happened last night on ESPN on the Jennifer Harman bad beat hand?

I think she was complaining that he was essentially CALLING all-in (or going to go all in for another chip) and hemmed and hawwed and put on an act with the nuts...but the wording she used, I missed and haven't had a chance to go back and check on the TiVo.

Toddy 10-12-2005 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think she was complaining that he was essentially CALLING all-in (or going to go all in for another chip) and hemmed and hawwed and put on an act with the nuts...but the wording she used, I missed and haven't had a chance to go back and check on the TiVo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I meant to TiVo it and I completely forgot. I have to catch it on the reruns.

glowstix 10-12-2005 09:00 AM

dude jenn way overreacted on this. she got beat and couldn't deal, she basicly acted like a spoiled little kid.....

Toddy 10-12-2005 09:33 AM

I just found out the reason..

My friend just reminded me. She put him all in and he thought about it and said, "I guess if I lose this hand I'll have a lot of sightseeing to do".. Then she kept going on and on saying, "that was a nice speech you did"

elmitchbo 10-12-2005 11:58 AM

Re: I just found out the reason..

he knew he had the nuts. just call and flip over your cards.

i would've been upset if i were jenn. completely uncalled for grandstanding, probably just to get on TV.

Lloyd 10-12-2005 12:00 PM

This should be in WPT, not MTT.

wrongarm300 10-12-2005 12:12 PM

Watching the replay right now. I don't think he did any grandstanding, he didn't delay for a looong period of time. I see nothing wrong with what he did. If I saw it right, she bet, he made his comment and raised all in, she called. He then flipped over the nuts. Where is the problem?

10-12-2005 12:13 PM

Nah, I think that the hand would have made it to TV, just because of the amazing board. However, I would have reacted badly too, I mean, it is the WSOP. That having been said, the guy kinda acted dick after he won the hand too.

wrongarm300 10-12-2005 12:18 PM

As I am still sitting here watching it, it's amazing that she keeps talking to the guy. Why doesn't she just move on? I guess she's never made a comment that she shouldn't have? I guess she's never pissed anyone off with a move?

GROW UP .. sometimes you don't win, sometimes you do. If her attitude turns this bad when she loses, maybe she should find another occupation