Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   how do you play these hands? (blind special) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374547)

nath 11-08-2005 07:53 PM

how do you play these hands? (blind special)

So I hate these situations. Pretty decent stacks, good hand in the small blind, against a similar stack. How do you play these that a)give you the best chance to win and b)let you get out the cheapest? I hate the results here, obviously, but I'm not sure if I played it wrong or not. (I could give up the flop, I suppose, but it's just as likely to have hit me, so I bet.)

(from a PS $22 180-man SnG. As an aside, has anyone else had troubles with the hand converter recently? I had to find a third mirror of the bisonbison converter before I found a page I could access.)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG+1 (t1235)
MP1 (t2305)
MP2 (t2115)
MP3 (t2000)
CO (t3540)
Button (t3275)
Hero (t3945)
BB (t3595)
UTG (t1240)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, BB calls t150.

Flop: (t400) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t850</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1500

pfkaok 11-08-2005 07:58 PM

Re: how do you play these hands? (blind special)

if you think he bluffs alot here, and/or won't call a push with a Q, then push. otherwise the fold is fine.

Skjonne 11-08-2005 08:04 PM

All looking fine and dandy to me

An aggressive player would often call your raise and raise your CB on a non-scary board because it's the blind battle.

This however is not a non-scary board so bar a read I'm folding here too and look for other places to bring my healthy stack in play

gobboboy 11-08-2005 08:06 PM

I would open push, honestly. You don't get action with aces in blind battles unless you're beat and you might get called with a worse ace.

pfkaok 11-08-2005 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would open push, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i certainly hope you're not serious about pushing preflop.

benneh 11-08-2005 09:29 PM

blinds arent anywhere near enough to be open pushing here.

pfkaok 11-08-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blinds arent anywhere near enough to be open pushing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. if openpushing truly is the most +EV for you to play here, then you have some serious problems with your postflop play.

kuro 11-09-2005 02:58 AM

I just complete a lot here. The stacks are so deep that you get played back at a great deal in these low buyin battle of blinds and you're fighting over 75 chips. If you keep the pot small you can give yourself a better chance to make a real hand and bust a guy that overplays tp.

rannerboy 11-09-2005 09:16 AM

Would it be extremely weak-tight to just check-fold the flop? He is likely to have hit the flop unless he holds a lower pocket pair. If he has a medium holding he might be afraid of the check-raise and just check behind. You have some outs for the nut straight and the backdoor flush, as well as an A.