Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Live Hand: Stumped (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404426)

12-24-2005 01:59 AM

Live Hand: Stumped

Blinds 100/200
Buyin $5
3 handed
Payout: 1st is $20, 2nd is $5

Button about t2500
SB about t1000
BB (hero) about t1500

Hero: J5o

Button calls.
SB completes.
Hero check.

Flop: QT5 (rainbow)

SB: check
Hero: check
BB: check

Turn: 3rainbow

SB: check
Hero: t400
Button: push
SB: fold
Hero????

Read: Button is LAG but crafty. Also, she is 8 years old and looking to pwn her own father. Thoughts? Results later.

runner4life7 12-24-2005 02:00 AM

Re: Live Hand: Stumped

i feel like i have to fold there, but I dont know your daughter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

12-24-2005 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like i have to fold there, but I dont know your daughter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, she used to be very LAG, but lately she's been a little tighter with more value betting. She normally doesn't make "button moves" but this sure smells like one. How did the 3 change things? This push really threw me for a loop.

12-24-2005 02:47 AM

is she playing with her own $5 or yours??? she may be more apt to make a move here if she's freerolling...

either way, i think i lay it down and steal her blinds on the next hand (i'm assuming, like any normal eight year old, she understands optimal calling ranges on the bubble)...

12-24-2005 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is she playing with her own $5 or yours??? she may be more apt to make a move here if she's freerolling...

either way, i think i lay it down and steal her blinds on the next hand (i'm assuming, like any normal eight year old, she understands optimal calling ranges on the bubble)...

[/ QUOTE ]

She is playing with Grandma's $5 (Grandma went out first and Mom second - Grandpa, myself, and daughter remain). I would never stake my own opponent!

12-24-2005 02:58 AM

RESULTS:

I folded. Villain shook her head and tossed in her pocket deuces. Villain went on to take down the $20 first place prize. I was grateful to finish second and get my buyin back.

SlackerMcFly 12-24-2005 02:59 AM

Villain has AQ and hopes for a pony for Christmas.

You call (but leave cards face-down). You catch the five on the river. You muck your hand and hug the winner.

Am I close?

Yikes, results posted whilst I wrote. NH

12-24-2005 03:06 AM

Pwned by my 8 year old daughter. My future in this game is dark indeed.

SlackerMcFly 12-24-2005 03:18 AM

My 11 year old uses the "open fold" (um..it's free to check, son), then raise all-in move.

Quite effective.

12-24-2005 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My 11 year old uses the "open fold" (um..it's free to check, son), then raise all-in move.

Quite effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you laugh and call, and then he turns over bullets, I'm really impressed.