Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QQ Bad Flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240536)

C-Dog 04-27-2005 01:41 AM

QQ Bad Flop

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Redd 04-27-2005 01:46 AM

Re: QQ Bad Flop

I'd bet the turn again - nobody's outdrawn you that didn't already have you beat. Plus IMO you can get away pretty easily from a reasonable player's raise.

The way it played out, why didn't you go to war on the riv? You have the functional nuts, and if he does have an ace, Villain might be willing to cap it with you.

NickRegino 04-27-2005 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The way it played out, why didn't you go to war on the riv? You have the functional nuts, and if he does have an ace, Villain might be willing to cap it with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally agree with redd

Nick Royale 04-27-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally agree with redd

[/ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't.

Kumubou 04-27-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you cap this if the villian has an ace? That is rampant chip spewing.

I can not imagine a time where I would be less thrilled to river a boat. Bleh. I just call this river; probably due to the high frequencey you see people limping in with Ax. If this flop was JJKKQ I probably raise and call a three-bet.

-K

gvibes 04-27-2005 01:50 AM

He loses to any Ace.

EDIT: dang I'm slow.

Redd 04-27-2005 01:52 AM

Heh, forgot about those damn jacks. Listen to everyone else while I stop posting out of embarassment for a few days.

C-Dog 04-27-2005 02:09 AM

I didn't bet the turn cause I didn't want to fold to a raise. I was going to show the hand down no matter I figured. And I couldnt see a whole lot outdrawing me on the river.

C-Dog

NickRegino 04-27-2005 02:10 AM

so what was the outcome?

FreakDaddy 04-27-2005 02:16 AM

I'd lead the turn, you'll get a better idea of where you are. The river check/call is fine. You may still be ahead of villian has J obviously.