Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Blind Defense Stop and Goes (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231047)

Barry 04-12-2005 03:40 PM

Blind Defense Stop and Goes

I have been experimenting with a new line when there I elect to defend heads up.

Party 15/30 Decent table.

Folded to the CO who open raises, folded to me in the BB, I call with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

CO is new to the table and I have not seen him before, but I haven't seen him get much out of line.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, CO raises, I call.

It seems in this game that a raise is somewhat more likely to be overcards than a better hand and a call is somewhat more likely to be a better hand than overcards.

Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I bet.

turnipmonster 04-12-2005 03:44 PM

Re: Blind Defense Stop and Goes

I am missing how this is better than just 3 betting the flop?

surfdoc 04-12-2005 03:45 PM

Nice.

What do you do if raised again?

philnewall 04-12-2005 03:46 PM

What other hands will you bet out on the flop with in this situation?

Nate tha' Great 04-12-2005 03:46 PM

What turnip said. I think you're simply giving up value by not bet-3betting.

astroglide 04-12-2005 03:47 PM

i hate every post that ends with "i bet"

bicyclekick 04-12-2005 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pff. Often that's the best way otherwise it gives off results and that would affect the rest of the hand. Also, in this case, the bet was what he was wondering about. Don't be so sensitive. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

turnipmonster 04-12-2005 03:56 PM

related question

I would checkraise this a whole lot of the time unless he will always raise overcards. standard or is bet-3bet better?

--turnipmonster

astroglide 04-12-2005 03:56 PM

it's just the intentional finality of it that implies that the move is clever. "i bet" is like "i flat call, then i punch myself in the cock" with a wink

anyway the only time i think this is more profitable is if the person is extremely likely to raise you with anything on the turn just because the stop and go will make them angry. if AJ is going to pop you on the turn here, by all means. you also can't let a jack or queen bother you either if you're aiming for that.

NLSoldier 04-12-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pff. Often that's the best way otherwise it gives off results and that would affect the rest of the hand. Also, in this case, the bet was what he was wondering about. Don't be so sensitive. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe astro was refering to the fact that it sounds like the OP is trying to wager on whether the turn was the 3 of diamonds [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]