Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A common situation....... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283962)

PokerBob 06-30-2005 09:00 PM

A common situation.......

....that I, and I assume many others, struggle with. I don't know much about villain other than that he is 38/7/0.97 through 400 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero .....

His aggression here says he is not scared of that K. Do I call and attempt to counterfeit his possible 2-pair? IF I miss do I fold the river? Is either move more EV than the other?

d10 06-30-2005 09:15 PM

Re: A common situation.......

I play a bit lower than 5/10, but more often than not when I'm in this situation, Villian's turn raise means absolutely nothing, other than the fact that he's trying to give me all of his money. Although it might be more significant in 5/10, I still don't see how you can fold without a showdown with this hand.

Alobar 06-30-2005 09:20 PM

I call down, youll see worse kings (or crap) or countefiet 2 pair on the river enough for it to be profitable

Justin A 06-30-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call down, youll see worse kings (or crap) or countefiet 2 pair on the river enough for it to be profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a complete random donk play. Even the passive ones do this occasionally. Standard call down here.

PokerBob 06-30-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but does it make sense to call then turn and fold the river UI?

Justin A 06-30-2005 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but does it make sense to call then turn and fold the river UI?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. I think you're still the best hand often enough to call the river UI. You will see KJ, KT, or something completely random often enough to call.

sam h 06-30-2005 09:26 PM

I tend to call this down too. What aggression factor is measuring is not necessarily the same quality that will make an opponent do this with air every once in a while. He also could have an overplayed KJ or KT and it is also not that uncommon for this type of opponent to play another AK this way.

Trix 06-30-2005 09:41 PM

Call down, I may start folding when I get an actual read on the guy.

DMBFan23 06-30-2005 09:57 PM

this doesn't even have to be a K, it could easily be something like QJ or a mid pocket pair. calling down is the only way to go IMO, folding is bad

Lmn55d 06-30-2005 10:17 PM

IMO, this is closer to a 3bet than it is to a fold.