Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I'm definitely over my head... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402540)

BobboFitos 12-21-2005 09:17 AM

Re: I\'m definitely over my head...

[ QUOTE ]
Who likes checking the flop to avoid this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

not me at all, although OP's bet size did leave him in a predicament. (sp? its late!)

I dont htink checking is the answer,though

xorbie 12-21-2005 09:18 AM

yeah i was thinking bet enough to make it push/fold for short stack, especially because an overbet here isn't so bad anyway as the only normal stack is OOP.

Yeti 12-21-2005 09:22 AM

Yeah, I check this flop quite a bit.

12-21-2005 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold equity=0
Odds=not there
Play=check/fold

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the shortie most likely has either a K or pocket pair here, and is willing to go broke with both. From my experience with short stacks, once they call a flop bet and the pot approaches the size of their stack, they rarely fold. Him being on a flush draw is unlikely. I think any bet is -EV, and you don't have odds to call a bet. Pray he really is bad and gives you a free card, or just fold to a bet. I would consider betting river (about 600-750) if he checks turn though.

durrrr 12-21-2005 12:08 PM

we need some reads on villain. If this is UB 25/50 i'm not folding this hand on the turn. your equity against 88 is huge; and you almost have odds to push- so you need almost no fold equity. I think he also has 89 or clubs here a fair % of the time. I think i might actually chk/call.

stoxtrader 12-21-2005 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not me at all, although OP's bet size did leave him in a predicament. (sp? its late!)

I dont htink checking is the answer,though

[/ QUOTE ]

what's a better bet size? why?

limon 12-21-2005 02:05 PM

i dont raise pf w/ this hand early. i like to get dead limpers in w/ me im hitting to the nuts on all counts. then when the flop comes like this ill check raise.

KaneKungFu123 12-21-2005 04:09 PM

bet less on flop if you are betting.

RikaKazak 12-21-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know some tight passive people that do, problem is, they lose at poker and not win, I prefer to play winning poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yeti 12-21-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know some tight passive people that do, problem is, they lose at poker and not win, I prefer to play winning poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Myself, limon, flawless_victory.