Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   JJ 10/20 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387833)

11-29-2005 07:18 PM

JJ 10/20

One of my first hands at the table, only thing I know about villain is that he's sitting with 1.8k

10/20 4handed

Hero is SB with JJ

CO raises, Button 3bets, Hero caps, BB folds, rest calls.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, CO folds, Button calls.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bet/folds?

Spicymoose 11-29-2005 07:21 PM

Re: JJ 10/20

I don't see what you are hoping to squeeze value out of. Maybe AT or 99, but doubtful. I would check to induce, but expect to lose.

11-29-2005 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what you are hoping to squeeze value out of. Maybe AT or 99, but doubtful. I would check to induce, but expect to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he inducing to bluff other than, perhaps, busted spades. A KJ str8 draw sucked out, as did AK as did AJ. I think hero's hand is not good, but it isn't a slam dunk loser.

He is good against AT (12 combos), and 77-99 (18 combos) slightly less often than he runs into AK (12 combos), AQ (12 combos), KJ (16 combos), and AJ (16 combos).

Since he's good 35% of the time, he has to call a bet--checkfolding is out of the question. Since he's going to call a bet if he checks, bet/fold is the best line here.

Spicymoose 11-29-2005 07:42 PM

AQ is not very likely because he didn't raise the flop, or the turn. I would also expect KJ to raise the flop fairly often. I am checking because I think we are probably beat. An added benefit is that we MIGHT induce from a PP, AT, or A9s or something like that. We will call a bet if we check, but we may save money the times villain doesn't bet his oddly played QJ.

I really don't see the benefit of betting. Another possible bad thing is that we MAY (I am not saying this is likely at all, but it could a very small percentage of the time) get blown off the best hand. This would be pretty bad. And considering we really don't NEED to be, I don't see why we would risk this even a small percentage of the time.

11-29-2005 07:44 PM

Bet/fold. Given the passive play so far (other than preflop) I have a hard time believing you'll induce a bluff from a worse hand, but you will get bet by hands that beat you. You don't want to check/fold though, so bet/fold seems like the only real alternative.

11-29-2005 07:44 PM

I dont think you need to induce a bluff from AT or 99 because these hands will call if you bet, but are unlikely to bet if you check.

Spicymoose 11-29-2005 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think you need to induce a bluff from AT or 99 because these hands will call if you bet, but are unlikely to bet if you check.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the K hitting, I think many of these opponents won't call the river bet. I could be wrong though. I don't think we induce all that often either, and that wasn't my main reason for check. I just don't think we really get the value here. I dunno though, maybe I am wrong.

11-29-2005 07:46 PM

Make a sneaky pause then check, hoping to get off cheap. If he bets you can give some serious consideration to folding. Who value bets / bluffs the PF capper here with a T or worse? Seriously. It's a big pot, but against most opposition you can let this one die. Careful, though.

11-29-2005 07:46 PM

I hate bet/fold in a big pot. Its either bet/call or check/call imo.

Spicymoose 11-29-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate bet/fold in a big pot. Its either bet/call or check/call imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

We absolutely cannot bet/call.