Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   20-40 What beats what again? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383904)

Michael Emery 11-23-2005 07:27 AM

20-40 What beats what again?

I got sick of hold'em late this morning and played some stud instead. Thought I'd just post an interesting river call. I folded this hand, but Beermoney is the 3 seat.

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (3.10 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.55 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (3.55 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (5.55 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (7.55 BB)

The results..........

[ Ac Kd Th 3h As Td Qc ] [ two pairs, aces and tens -- Ac,As,Kd,Th,Td ]

[ 4s 4h 6c Jc Js Jd Ks ] [ a full house, Jacks full of fours -- Jc,Js,Jd,4s,4h ]

Beermoney really needs to learn what beats what.

Mike Emery

11-23-2005 07:33 AM

Re: 20-40 What beats what again?

Ha, ha. Awesome call. Keeps 'em honest, right?

Jeffage 11-23-2005 07:35 AM

He called for value. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] BTW, about your 3rd street limp fold, would you ever complete here? You limped b/c two overcards behind you instead of one? You'd raise this in a normally structured ($3 ante) game in the same spot (shorthanded, only two overs behind and dead hearts)? Just curious, not questioning.

Jeff

Michael Emery 11-23-2005 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He called for value. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He called to save face like he had a boat. You never know though, he does confuse what beats what sometimes.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, about your 3rd street limp fold, would you ever complete here? You limped b/c two overcards behind you instead of one? You'd raise this in a normally structured ($3 ante) game in the same spot (shorthanded, only two overs behind and dead hearts)? Just curious, not questioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jeff. I took this line as opposed to completing here due to all the reasons you already listed above. The way the game was playing and the cheap liming price also played a factor. You know this structure sucks, right? You know that $2 ante is for little girls, right? I really need to just drive to AC.

Mike Emery

BeerMoney 11-23-2005 09:44 AM

Mike, I don't like to get run over. Calls like this are what makes me such an unpredictable player in the higher stakes games on party. I know you like to hang on to your chips, and fold 95% of hands, but that's how people like me end up running you over. Grow a pair, make some calls where you know you're beat, and see what it does for your metagame.

You suck.

lstream 11-23-2005 10:20 AM

You two guys have tried this trick before - I ain't falling for it this time. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

MRBAA 11-23-2005 02:42 PM

He called because he thought his opponent was a jack off?