Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   66 button party 2/4 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404416)

12-24-2005 01:21 AM

66 button party 2/4

limper is 49.3/0, will call down with any piece of the board, passive
sb 27/10
bb 19/11

so i raise PF to isolate right?
limper doesnt fold the flop, i could fire 2 more barrels but he is calling me down with any piece and the only thing im ahead of is flush draw..... based on my reads/previous hands he has a 9 prob.

maybe bet the river as a scare card? but he's a calling station....

sorry if this is basic.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]5 folds</font>, CO calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Nick C 12-24-2005 01:47 AM

Re: 66 button party 2/4

Preflop is fine.

On the turn, I'd consider betting again, since CO is loose and could be chasing with a lot of things (ace-high or a gutshot, for instance). Also, although based on your read he probably won't bluff a busted draw on the river no matter what you do on the turn, checking the turn might increase the likelihood of a river bluff, a little bit.

But probably not enough to call the river, against this player. The river fold seems good to me. (Among other things, some straight draws -- JT, KT, and KJ -- just improved to beat you. Also, you've played your hand like someone who might have just caught top pair on the river.)

W. Deranged 12-24-2005 01:51 AM

Bet again on the turn.

Here's the reasoning:

1. You don't have many outs, so you can fold the turn to a raise.

2. Villain's call on the flop does not say tell you nearly enough to know that you have the worst hand.

3. Giving a free card on the turn is dangerous as villain almost certainly has 6 outs on the turn.

jba 12-24-2005 01:54 AM

I definitely bet the turn again. i'm going to make it the last bet I put in the pot without rivering a set. there's a pretty good chance you're still ahead, and it's an easy fold if you're raised.

W. Deranged 12-24-2005 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely bet the turn again. i'm going to make it the last bet I put in the pot without rivering a set. there's a pretty good chance you're still ahead, and it's an easy fold if you're raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree, though if I get called on the turn, the river is a blank, and he donks, I call a lot as that river bet is often a missed draw.

Yerma 12-24-2005 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree, though if I get called on the turn, the river is a blank, and he donks, I call a lot as that river bet is often a missed draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also generally agree, but I don't think you're losing much by routinely folding the river in this spot. But you are certainly losing a lot by failing to bet the turn.