Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Most Obvious Bluff Ever? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345192)

Muisyle 09-27-2005 01:21 AM

Most Obvious Bluff Ever?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) HandConverter Link

Hero ($49)
SB ($52.25)
BB ($48.25)
UTG ($60.40)
MP ($38.45)
CO ($46.06)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50, CO folds.

Flop: ($4.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4.

Turn: ($12.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Villain raises all in $42

Just sat down at this table. This is screaming bluff to me. Who calls?

amoeba 09-27-2005 01:22 AM

Re: Most Obvious Bluff Ever?

I don't see why its an obvious bluff.

lots of people check the flush when they hit.

Muisyle 09-27-2005 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why its an obvious bluff.

lots of people check the flush when they hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's a pretty big overbet and he would be pushing me off my hand if he really ahd the flush. Plus this is just a really good card to bluff on anyway because I probably don't have an ace even if I'm not that scared of the flush if I'm betting top pair.

amoeba 09-27-2005 01:27 AM

I guess so.....

I don't know if I'll make that read if its the first time hes done the checkraise overbet though.

also, I think I check the turn.

nietzreznor 09-27-2005 01:35 AM

The size of the bluff is pretty suspicious, but I see people c/r with the flush all the time--I'd be a lot more suspicious of a turn open-push since most opponents will c/r the flush.

I probably fold here, and keep my eye on him in the future.

nietzreznor 09-27-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I would check here if I had a club, but without one I would hate to give a free card to a lone club. I usually go bet/fold in these cases, its not too often anyone will bluff c/r the scare card.

amoeba 09-27-2005 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I would check here if I had a club, but without one I would hate to give a free card to a lone club. I usually go bet/fold in these cases, its not too often anyone will bluff c/r the scare card.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe its a weakness on my part to check the turn when the scarecard comes. I just don't want to inflate pot here and the majority of the time the 4th flush doesnt hit and there is possibility of him bluffing the river with a worse hand.

Riposte 09-27-2005 01:43 AM

I wouldn't even care if it was a bluff. I'm not giving up my stack with TPTK. I want to keep the pot small. They just aren't strong enough hands to double through everyone with. Unless of course I have a read on the guy.

09-27-2005 01:56 AM

Definitely not an obvious bluff. At those limits u gotta watch out a lot of players will raise all in like that with a weak flush trying to make sure u dont catch an overcard flush. Wait for a better time and u should use ur reads on this player mostly to make this decision. If u dont have ne then wait for a better opportunity.

Muisyle 09-27-2005 01:58 AM

I don't really have a default line for checking or betting on a turn like this, but I find that if I bet and they just call and then lead the river I'm usually beat, and if they check again I can check behind having defined my own pot size rather than letting them do it on the river. Though I like the idea of checking behind on the turn to show weakness that will cause him to bluff the river. I hate giving free cards though, if he has a club or straight draw or hits two pair on the river I could be looking at calling a big bet on the river not really knowing where I stand (or getting checkraised).