Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Am I a Nit? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405717)

The_Tracker 12-27-2005 02:58 AM

Am I a Nit?

A couple of people called me a nit in the deep stack thread. Maybe I am. I don't know.

Someone give me the traditional 2+2 definition of a nit and/or the origin of the word so I can decipher if I should take offense.

Thanks.

Photoc 12-27-2005 03:19 AM

Re: Am I a Nit?

You are [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

mgsimpleton 12-27-2005 03:30 AM

well how old are you and how long have you been playing live 1/2 poker without moving up? over a year?

do you limp AK or QQ in early position?

do you pick on people who are younger and better looking than yourself merely because they have been more successful in their shorter poker careers?

i think 2/3 qualifies you...

AZK 12-27-2005 03:37 AM

If you have to ask....

The_Tracker 12-27-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well how old are you and how long have you been playing live 1/2 poker without moving up? over a year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thirty. Yes. Why do I need to move up?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AK, limp, this hand sucks. QQ, raise it up.

[ QUOTE ]
do you pick on people who are younger and better looking than yourself merely because they have been more successful in their shorter poker careers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. I pick on people who let it be known that they are loaded and high rollin and going to clean up the toughest games in town, when they have had no experience doing such a thing. I do this, because I encounter these people everyday.

If I pass judgement on someone and am wrong, so be it. I have been wrong before. There are plenty of good, young, poker players. There are plenty of pretenders too.

Still didn't give me a definition.

TheMetetron 12-27-2005 04:07 AM

Bonus-

If players were placing illegal sidebets with people on rail about the color of the flop for each hand, would you feel bothered and call the floor/dealer to do something?

MrFeelNothin 12-27-2005 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thirty. Yes. Why do I need to move up?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AK, limp, this hand sucks. QQ, raise it up.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. I pick on people who let it be known that they are loaded and high rollin and going to clean up the toughest games in town, when they have had no experience doing such a thing. I do this, because I encounter these people everyday.

If I pass judgement on someone and am wrong, so be it. I have been wrong before. There are plenty of good, young, poker players. There are plenty of pretenders too.

Still didn't give me a definition.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just keeps getting better. The definition of nit=YOU.

The_Tracker 12-27-2005 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bonus-

If players were placing illegal sidebets with people on rail about the color of the flop for each hand, would you feel bothered and call the floor/dealer to do something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, wouldn't care. Would a nit?

The_Tracker 12-27-2005 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This just keeps getting better. The definition of nit=YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad that I have been able to amuse you. So I am definately a nit because I don't raise AK in early position? Let me guess, a non-nit would just push here right?

12-27-2005 04:19 AM

do you know what a herb is? i think you might be on of these too.