Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   chad johnson td dance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400871)

DCWildcat 12-19-2005 10:08 PM

Re: chad johnson td dance

I'm sort of surprised everyone hated the putter so much. I live in the Cincy area and that was probably the most well-received, with the riverdance and the marriage proposal a close 2nd and 3rd. ESPN loved the putt the most.

Any man 3rd in the NFL in receiving, after sharing tons of attempts with another top 15 wr (houshmanzadeh) is clearly a poser. He's clearly trying to follow in the footsteps of TO, what with his contract disputes, fights with players on his team, and lack of trust expressed in his players and coach. Oh yeah, and creative celebrations after TDs, no one can do those but TO. In fact, TO has a monopoly on them. Obviously, Chad's a poser.

RacersEdge 12-19-2005 11:19 PM

Yes, poser, as in posing that he did something more significant than just catch a TD pass. Poser.

Pudge714 12-19-2005 11:45 PM

The one thing Chad does different from T.O. is Chad's celebrations do not rub in the face of his opponents.
TO to the Dallas Star was one of the most classless moves I have ever seen.
Say what you want about the putt or the riverdance, I don't think George Teague is decking Chad for either of those.

DCWildcat 12-20-2005 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing Chad does different from T.O. is Chad's celebrations do not rub in the face of his opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is the key difference. Chad's celebrations, even the ones that seem to cross the line into gaudiness, are harmless. They're silly, goofy, and funny. They give the fans something to laugh about. He's one of the most beloved receivers (outside of the AFC North) by all fans because of his antics.

Contrast this with TO, who alienates other players both on and off his team, coaches, owners, and most importantly, fans. Everyone in the country except Drew Rosenhaus thinks he's an arrogant jerk, a consummate anti-team player, and a symbol of what's wrong with professional sports today.

So equating the two is stupid.

Jack of Arcades 12-20-2005 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone in the country except Drew Rosenhaus thinks he's an arrogant jerk, a consummate anti-team player, and a symbol of what's wrong with professional sports today.

[/ QUOTE ]

...except most of the Eagles...

Voltron87 12-20-2005 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone in the country except Drew Rosenhaus thinks he's an arrogant jerk, a consummate anti-team player, and a symbol of what's wrong with professional sports today.

[/ QUOTE ]

...except all of philadelphia 9 months ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades 12-20-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...except all of philadelphia 9 months ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of Eagles have defended him.

Voltron87 12-20-2005 02:14 AM

i wasnt disagreeing with you, just adding that philly loved him 9 months ago

mason55 12-21-2005 01:43 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2267038

"On the highway, I hit a deer," Johnson said Tuesday, insisting he was serious and that the animal wasn't hurt. "I kept him. He's at home in the garage. I'm going to use him for the celebration this weekend. He's a prop. They might suspend me for the last game, but I think this one is worth it."

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

unlucky513 12-21-2005 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When it comes to TD celebrations, Chad Johnson is a wannabe T.O. The putter was lame. Pretty much all his celebrations are lame. T.O. rules when it comse to TD celebrations.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, because chad rips down signs that the fans are holding up, and did you see the one where chad stood on the other team's logo at the 50 yard line?

where is TO these days?

who dey.