Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Time of day statistics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386889)

PokerFink 11-28-2005 03:42 PM

Time of day statistics

Something I just noted about my PT stats from this semester at 100nl 6max:

My highest winrate is 10pm - midnight.
My next highest is midnight - 2am.
Then is 2am - 4am.
Then is 8pm - 10pm.
Then is 6pm - 8pm and 4pm - 6pm, which are much lower (but still positive).

All of these are winning times, with the first two being significantly higher than the rest.

Then comes noon - 2pm. I'm losing heavily. It is my only losing time period. I ONLY play during this time period during the week, so it's when I feel like playing a session after classes.

Now, it's a small sample size, but anyone else have stats like these? Are the night games really THAT much easier?

beavens 11-28-2005 03:43 PM

Re: Time of day statistics

people play tired, drunk, etc at night.

meleader2 11-28-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then is 2am - 4am.
Then is 8pm - 10pm.

All of these are winning times, with the first two being significantly higher than the rest.

Then comes noon - 2pm. I'm losing heavily. It is my only losing time period. I ONLY play during this time period during the week, so it's when I feel like playing a session after classes.

Now, it's a small sample size, but anyone else have stats like these? Are the night games really THAT much easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. i never play during the day unless i find a real loose table. usually all rocks that i've noticed. i STT until 8pm or so.

PokerFink 11-28-2005 03:48 PM

Let me add that...

1) I know night games are easier, I just don't know if they are THAT much easier.

2) I'm wondering whether my losing during the day has to do more with a) tougher competition or b) my frame of mind after class.

beavens 11-28-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me add that...

1) I know night games are easier, I just don't know if they are THAT much easier.

2) I'm wondering whether my losing during the day has to do more with a) tougher competition or b) my frame of mind after class.

[/ QUOTE ]

2) probably a little of both.

Toyboy 11-29-2005 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Then is 2am - 4am.
Then is 8pm - 10pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to my world. I live in Europe, and what is "noon" for you is 6 PM for me. So when all the poor Europeans like me get home from work and log on to what they've heard is the "Party fishtank", they find nitland. Filled with US TAGs like yourself and fellow European sharks.

Party (and other "US main sites") do very little advertising in Europe, so many of the fish are elsewhere. Meaning I must follow the fish to their crap sites with crap software. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Damn, I should migrate. Caribbean anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rachelwxm 11-29-2005 12:27 PM

Your stats almost agree completely with mine. I think 10-12 is good because it's peak hour in terms of traffic, 12-2 is second best because people like to play drunk. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

schwza 11-29-2005 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yep. i never play during the day unless i find a real loose table. usually all rocks that i've noticed. i STT until 8pm or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's the same problem in stt's. do you find it's less of a problem?

PokerFink 11-29-2005 03:04 PM

I'm curious what the Laggier players have to say about this. I figure a LAG style might work better during the day against the nits.

Xorbie and TWP, i'm looking in your direction...

MikeSmith 11-29-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then is 2am - 4am.
Then is 8pm - 10pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crappy 9-5ers dont play during day, enough said.