Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   chad johnson td dance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400871)

BeatOnRiver 12-18-2005 05:42 PM

chad johnson td dance

has anyone seen what he did? he said it would be the greatest touchdown dance ever.

mostsmooth 12-18-2005 05:51 PM

Re: chad johnson td dance

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone seen what he did? he said it would be the greatest touchdown dance ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
he was lying, because theres no way they let him have sex with a naked chick in the endzone

SossMan 12-18-2005 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He basically looked around w/ his arms outstreched looking confused as if to say "I don't know what to do, I've never been here before". He then shrugged his shoulders and calmly handed the ball to the ref. I think it's a play on "act like you've been there before".

David04 12-18-2005 09:13 PM

Could be his best celebration ever. He held the ball out, said "What should I do?" and then handed the ball to the ref. I loved it.

RacersEdge 12-18-2005 11:17 PM

I still would like to see this poser get clotheslined for his pansy-like behavior.

Jack of Arcades 12-18-2005 11:23 PM

poser? uhh... what?

kyro 12-18-2005 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poser? uhh... what?

[/ QUOTE ]

P: Aww crap, when did they change the meaning of "to" to "from?"
B: They sent a letter to everyone about it. But you probably saw it say "To: Peter" and thought it said "From: Peter" and thought that you...you know what, it's easier to just call you an idiot.

12-19-2005 02:31 AM

Best TD was putting the ball with the pilon. Instant classic.

mostsmooth 12-19-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
if by classic you meant classic stupidity, then i agree
they should hand out 15 yard penalties for this crap.
anything other than handing the ball to a ref or giving it to a fan is retarded.

Jack of Arcades 12-19-2005 01:25 PM

hater. quit hatin', hater. I bet your name is ralph hater, hater.

mostsmooth 12-19-2005 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hater. quit hatin', hater. I bet your name is ralph hater, hater.

[/ QUOTE ]
i apologize

12-19-2005 05:20 PM

I thought the putting was a case of trying way too hard. I thought the cell phone last year was hilarious though.

Boris 12-19-2005 05:49 PM

When it comes to TD celebrations, Chad Johnson is a wannabe T.O. The putter was lame. Pretty much all his celebrations are lame. T.O. rules when it comse to TD celebrations.

Victor 12-19-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the putting was a case of trying way too hard. I thought the cell phone last year was hilarious though.

[/ QUOTE ]

cellie was joe horn btw.

12-19-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
anything other than handing the ball to a ref or giving it to a fan is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - preplanned celebrations are stupid. I'm a fan of the spike and the Lambeau Leap, but nothing more.

FWIW, Chad Johnson is a bitch. I'm sure that if he got just one reception for five yards, he'd put a NO next to the d-back's name on his stupid little list.

ScottieK

Drew16 12-19-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When it comes to TD celebrations, Chad Johnson is a wannabe T.O. The putter was lame. Pretty much all his celebrations are lame. T.O. rules when it comse to TD celebrations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, did you see the one he did this week? Oh thats right he isnt playing because he is a huge horsesass.

private joker 12-19-2005 08:13 PM

Here's one touchdown celebration I've never seen but expected to by now. A receiver catches the ball in the endzone and immediately, in hot-potato fashion, passes it right back to the QB or another fellow player near the line of scrimmage.

Obviously this really only works in the red zone and when the receiver doesn't have to catch and run it into the endzone, but it would be pretty cool.

Jack of Arcades 12-19-2005 09:13 PM

The DB has to defend a pass to get a yes check.

DCWildcat 12-19-2005 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one touchdown celebration I've never seen but expected to by now. A receiver catches the ball in the endzone and immediately, in hot-potato fashion, passes it right back to the QB or another fellow player near the line of scrimmage.

Obviously this really only works in the red zone and when the receiver doesn't have to catch and run it into the endzone, but it would be pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be amazing

DCWildcat 12-19-2005 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly, since fun is retarded and all forms of celebration and individualism should be banned.

and while we're at it, let's change everyone's uniforms back. [censored] these "stripes" and these "color contrasts." everyone should look exactly look penn state, with neutral, inoffensive colors and nothing fancy. emotion is out of the question. this game isn't about fun and passion, after all.

DCWildcat 12-19-2005 10:08 PM

I'm sort of surprised everyone hated the putter so much. I live in the Cincy area and that was probably the most well-received, with the riverdance and the marriage proposal a close 2nd and 3rd. ESPN loved the putt the most.

Any man 3rd in the NFL in receiving, after sharing tons of attempts with another top 15 wr (houshmanzadeh) is clearly a poser. He's clearly trying to follow in the footsteps of TO, what with his contract disputes, fights with players on his team, and lack of trust expressed in his players and coach. Oh yeah, and creative celebrations after TDs, no one can do those but TO. In fact, TO has a monopoly on them. Obviously, Chad's a poser.

RacersEdge 12-19-2005 11:19 PM

Yes, poser, as in posing that he did something more significant than just catch a TD pass. Poser.

Pudge714 12-19-2005 11:45 PM

The one thing Chad does different from T.O. is Chad's celebrations do not rub in the face of his opponents.
TO to the Dallas Star was one of the most classless moves I have ever seen.
Say what you want about the putt or the riverdance, I don't think George Teague is decking Chad for either of those.

DCWildcat 12-20-2005 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing Chad does different from T.O. is Chad's celebrations do not rub in the face of his opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is the key difference. Chad's celebrations, even the ones that seem to cross the line into gaudiness, are harmless. They're silly, goofy, and funny. They give the fans something to laugh about. He's one of the most beloved receivers (outside of the AFC North) by all fans because of his antics.

Contrast this with TO, who alienates other players both on and off his team, coaches, owners, and most importantly, fans. Everyone in the country except Drew Rosenhaus thinks he's an arrogant jerk, a consummate anti-team player, and a symbol of what's wrong with professional sports today.

So equating the two is stupid.

Jack of Arcades 12-20-2005 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone in the country except Drew Rosenhaus thinks he's an arrogant jerk, a consummate anti-team player, and a symbol of what's wrong with professional sports today.

[/ QUOTE ]

...except most of the Eagles...

Voltron87 12-20-2005 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone in the country except Drew Rosenhaus thinks he's an arrogant jerk, a consummate anti-team player, and a symbol of what's wrong with professional sports today.

[/ QUOTE ]

...except all of philadelphia 9 months ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades 12-20-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...except all of philadelphia 9 months ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of Eagles have defended him.

Voltron87 12-20-2005 02:14 AM

i wasnt disagreeing with you, just adding that philly loved him 9 months ago

mason55 12-21-2005 01:43 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2267038

"On the highway, I hit a deer," Johnson said Tuesday, insisting he was serious and that the animal wasn't hurt. "I kept him. He's at home in the garage. I'm going to use him for the celebration this weekend. He's a prop. They might suspend me for the last game, but I think this one is worth it."

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

unlucky513 12-21-2005 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, because chad rips down signs that the fans are holding up, and did you see the one where chad stood on the other team's logo at the 50 yard line?

where is TO these days?

who dey.

BottlesOf 12-21-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could be his best celebration ever. He held the ball out, said "What should I do?" and then handed the ball to the ref. I loved it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's his best ever? Are you serious?

David04 12-22-2005 12:07 AM

Maybe not his most creative, but it's my personal favorite.

New001 12-22-2005 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

[/ QUOTE ]

Wes ManTooth 12-22-2005 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be amazing.

B Dids 12-22-2005 12:15 PM

Slightly unrelated, but as a Seahawks fan, I thought it would have been way more amusing if TO had signed the ball and then just given it to Shawn Springs. That would pretty much have been the biggest owning ever.

Chad Johnson cracks me the hell up, I loved last week's. It was NFL meta-humor!

the34eagle 12-22-2005 01:02 PM

I have to say the river dance td dance was the best if you know the little history behind it. Now dont get me wrong im the biggest bears fans and urlacher fan there is but this was just plain hilarious, especially since i got to see it live in person. Not many people know this but in the offseason this year urlacher got an exstripper pregnant. they went to court to see if the kid was really his and it ended up that it was his. It just so happens that this same ex stripper also got pregnant with the main riverdance guy who you see all the time on tv! i forgot his name. she took him to court as well to get payments for the kid.

so if you take this all into consideration i have to say this might be the best and most thought out td dance to date.

12-22-2005 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say the river dance td dance was the best if you know the little history behind it. Now dont get me wrong im the biggest bears fans and urlacher fan there is but this was just plain hilarious, especially since i got to see it live in person. Not many people know this but in the offseason this year urlacher got an exstripper pregnant. they went to court to see if the kid was really his and it ended up that it was his. It just so happens that this same ex stripper also got pregnant with the main riverdance guy who you see all the time on tv! i forgot his name. she took him to court as well to get payments for the kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Flatley? Urlacher knocked up the same ho as Michael Flatley?

LOL can you imagine those two kids growing up? "Yeah, well MY dad's an all-pro linebacker. YOUR dad's some prancing fairy on television!" I can sense an Oprah or Montel appearance in the near future.

ScottieK

12-22-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sort of surprised everyone hated the putter so much. I live in the Cincy area and that was probably the most well-received, with the riverdance and the marriage proposal a close 2nd and 3rd. ESPN loved the putt the most.

Any man 3rd in the NFL in receiving, after sharing tons of attempts with another top 15 wr (houshmanzadeh) is clearly a poser. He's clearly trying to follow in the footsteps of TO, what with his contract disputes, fights with players on his team, and lack of trust expressed in his players and coach. Oh yeah, and creative celebrations after TDs, no one can do those but TO. In fact, TO has a monopoly on them. Obviously, Chad's a poser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Houshmenzadeh top 15? Is that a joke?

12-22-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Houshmenzadeh top 15? Is that a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so too, but stats-wise for the season he's #19 total yards (not counting two TE's, Gates and Shockey) #16 YPG, and T#10 for TD's. Don't think he's top 15, but may be close. Obviously, having Johnson on the field helps Housh a lot.

ScottieK

David04 12-23-2005 01:06 AM

Only difference is, Chad Johnson is still playing, and will be for a while.