Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   sad news from borgata (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393439)

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 01:44 PM

sad news from borgata

they apparently wont be offering MGD any longer. they replaced it with miller lite.

MisterKing 12-07-2005 01:47 PM

Re: sad news from borgata

so you ARE the half-german guy.

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you ARE the half-german guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
could be!

Al_Capone_Junior 12-07-2005 01:52 PM

Even a half-German guy would still prefer imports over MGD or Lite beer from Miller.

al

Randy_Refeld 12-07-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even a half-German guy would still prefer imports over MGD or Lite beer from Miller.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is true. I used to have a very good friend in Germany and when I visited her they had a lot of local German beers that they drank and used in cooking etc, but when they wanted to drink something "good" it was Budweiser. I think there might be something about wanting a beer that was not from your home country.

MisterKing 12-07-2005 01:59 PM

not to hijack the thread, but I should've put 2 & 2 together (hehe... 2+2) between your remarks earlier and the fact you kept pointing out how hot the asian girls were across the room. Nice avatar man & good playing with you last weekend in the 10/20.

miajag81 12-07-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

al

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is true. I used to have a very good friend in Germany and when I visited her they had a lot of local German beers that they drank and used in cooking etc, but when they wanted to drink something "good" it was Budweiser. I think there might be something about wanting a beer that was not from your home country.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was probably using the "real" Budweiser (Budvar) which is made in Czech Republic I believe. Don't all Europeans hate American beer with a passion?

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not to hijack the thread, but I should've put 2 & 2 together (hehe... 2+2) between your remarks earlier and the fact you kept pointing out how hot the asian girls were across the room. Nice avatar man & good playing with you last weekend in the 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks, you too, btw, weve played together before [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

KenProspero 12-07-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't all Europeans hate American beer with a passion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes -- in fact I think this may be the only thing that the French and the Germans actually agree about.

Riverman 12-07-2005 02:29 PM

I think is it funny how most AC regulars find the Borgata drink service to be so great. Yeah the sluts bringing you the drinks are hot, but the selection is weak compared to a place like mirage. One night playing hammered 3/6 there the waitress brought me 2 jaegerbombs and a beer every single time around. That would never happen anywhere in AC.