Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Lost TV show - Did anyone notice this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345856)

Justin A 09-27-2005 11:53 PM

Lost TV show - Did anyone notice this?

In last weeks episode, Jack goes down the shaft at the end and explores around a little bit. Remember the random painting on the wall that he sees? There's what looks like a sun in the middle and a bunch of random colorful stuff around it. In about three places on the picture, the number 108 is written.

So, guess what 4+8+15+16+23+42 equals? Yep, 108.

Also, 108 is the number of beads on the catholic rosary, and also the number of stiches on a baseball (Thanks to Bull Durham for those stats).

Thoughts?

09-27-2005 11:55 PM

Re: Lost TV show - Did anyone notice this?

[ QUOTE ]
So, guess what 4+8+15+16+23+42 equals? Yep, 108.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do those numbers have any sort of meaning?

Cuz 1 + 7 + 100 = 108 too

YourFoxyGrandma 09-27-2005 11:57 PM

You clearly don't watch.

09-27-2005 11:58 PM

nope [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

bwana devil 09-27-2005 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, 108 is the number of beads on the catholic rosary, and also the number of stiches on a baseball (Thanks to Bull Durham for those stats).

[/ QUOTE ]

where are you headed w/ these? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

kevin costner isnt in the shelter is he?

SoloAJ 09-28-2005 12:00 AM

Everythign in this show happens for a reason. I'd wonder if it has something to do with teh # of people on the plane, but that seems too high....Who knows.

The beads thing maybe...but I don't see this show turning into some big religious fiasco.

shant 09-28-2005 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where are you headed w/ these? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where isn't he headed?

Evan 09-28-2005 12:01 AM

There have been several biblical references throughout the show, so I wouldn't be surprised if the catholic rosary connection wasn't a mistake.

Evan 09-28-2005 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd wonder if it has something to do with teh # of people on the plane, but that seems too high

[/ QUOTE ]
There were 42 rows on the plane, so I'd be surprised if there were less than 150 people.

private joker 09-28-2005 12:09 AM

Well the flight number was 815, so the 4/8/15/16/23/42 will be showing up a lot. I don't think it will be more than trivia, though.

As for everything on the show happening for a reason -- well, yes and no. Within many episodes it's true. But the show's creators have made it clear they are making it up as they go along. There are probably some answers they had in mind after the pilot episode, but most of the backstories are invented the week that the writers are working on that particular episode. This is what happens when ratings and the whims of ABC execs figure heavily into creative control of network programming.