Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Theres still tons of fishies on mid limit games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333043)

imashyboi 09-11-2005 08:12 AM

Re: Theres still tons of fishies on mid limit games

I notice that too. Against someone who's real loose I have to play more hands. I might even start calling with QJo against a raise from a loose player who sees the showdown with almost nothing. I did figure out that with loose players you'll have to respect their raises, it usually means top pair or a real strong hand.

imashyboi 09-11-2005 08:16 AM

Hey, I read what you wrote on the thread I posted up. The reason why I don't like posting in the small stakes forum is because you get all these junk responses from someone who has a big ego. I'm here to learn and I am trying to find people who can help me improve my game. If you can help me out then maybe you can tell me something I don't know. I'm going to reread the book and maybe I can find the answer there.

edtost 09-11-2005 09:31 AM

read ssh. again. and please stop littering the board with stupidity until then.

10-07-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I read what you wrote on the thread I posted up. The reason why I don't like posting in the small stakes forum is because you get all these junk responses from someone who has a big ego.

[/ QUOTE ]Dripping with...

You're awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

drbk2 10-07-2005 04:31 PM

I'm starting to think that this guy is being serious...

Robb 10-07-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right, there are a lot of fish at 15/30.

Seriously though, how do you beat a calling station? I mean if you know he's gonna call with as little as ace high, how do you beat that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally a serious response in this thread. The calling station will not have a pair very often so when you have no pair but a good hand like Ace-high it's best to check raise the flop and turn and bet river and hope he calls with Queen high.

If you have a pair or better just check the whole way and hope to trap 'em!

phish 10-07-2005 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're right, there are a lot of fish at 15/30.

Seriously though, how do you beat a calling station? I mean if you know he's gonna call with as little as ace high, how do you beat that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally a serious response in this thread. The calling station will not have a pair very often so when you have no pair but a good hand like Ace-high it's best to check raise the flop and turn and bet river and hope he calls with Queen high.

If you have a pair or better just check the whole way and hope to trap 'em!

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasm for sarcasm

10-07-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I should A or K high is almost ever good unless the flop comes something like 766.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll make a note of that, thanks.