Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Flop good, but kicker gives me hassle. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403379)

12-22-2005 11:22 AM

Flop good, but kicker gives me hassle.

UTG is 49/20/1.7 postflop
CO is unknown.

This is one of the first hands at the table.
I didnt really think my hand warranted calling down due to the flush being out, my kicker being the lowest and maybe having to call a capped turn/river.

Prima Poker 1/2
Hero is dealt 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB,

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, CO 3-bets. Hero caps. UTG and CO call.

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG raises, CO 3-bets, Hero folds.

True

jively 12-22-2005 11:47 AM

Re: Flop good, but kicker gives me hassle.

I don't like the fold. They probably have Kings. There's only one other 7 out there.

Your outs are the other 7 and 3 2's. You'd probably chop if a 3 comes. I think I would call down.

-Tom

12-22-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the fold. They probably have Kings. There's only one other 7 out there.

Your outs are the other 7 and 3 2's. You'd probably chop if a 3 comes. I think I would call down.

-Tom

[/ QUOTE ]]

If you think I am ahead, why would I chop if a 3 comes down [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I think my hand as it stands wins this unimproved 0% of the time.

I agree that I have some outs, however I don't really want to put in 6 dollars here drawing to around 3 outs max, is this wrong?

True

12-22-2005 12:10 PM

It's tough without the pot size displayed, but I think you're getting about 7-1 on the turn.

Your outs are tough to evaluate because it depends on whether you're against a K, a flush, or a better 7. Any are possible holdings for the other two. You're ahead of a K, behind a flush with seven outs - ten if someone doesn't have a K - but many of those outs are to a chop if someone has the other 7. Against a better 7, you have three outs to win and six more to chop, unless someone has the K. So it's tough to judge.

Theoretically, 7-1 demands six outs, which would be a generous count, but with the strong possibility that you'll be putting in a few more bets on the turn, and a few more on the river, I'm just fine with folding here. I'd say it's very likely that someone has you beat, and the other guy has/shares some of your outs, in some combination. Interesting hand.

ejay 12-22-2005 12:43 PM

I think that this is a good fold, you are usally losing this hand if you go to showdown.