Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Strasser in Paris? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301587)

Punker 07-27-2005 06:29 AM

Strasser in Paris?

From Rolf Slotboom's end of day 1 report on PokerPages:

Jason Strasser, 2/5, 83,825** (Very young player from the US. Second chipleader overall)

La Brujita 07-27-2005 08:10 AM

Re: Strasser in Paris?

Holy crap. Nice one Jason!!!!

UMTerp 07-27-2005 11:56 AM

Chip Leader

From Rolf Slotboom's blog:

We have a new chipleader - a very young American guy named Jason Strasser, one of the relatively few PokerStars qualifiers we have here, who now has close to 130K in chips. He did have to suck out a little though in a crucial pot. In his own words: "In a raised pot, I had two kings. On a flop QT2 with two diamonds, I bet out 3K and immediately got raised all-in to 22K by a French player two seats to my left. I instantly called with my kings thinking they were good, but as it happens my opponent had TT for a set. An ace on the turn and a jack on the river gave me a straight though. It was quite hard to give my opponent credit for a set, as some French players are very hard to read. So, as it turned out, I was simply a bit lucky I guess." By the way, Jason's victim in this hand was David Tavernier.

Shilly 07-27-2005 03:20 PM

Nice. I was just at the Aviation Club last week when I was on vacation, so I just missed the main event (not that I'd be playing in it anyway).

Also, does anyone know if ZJ is playing in this too?

Lady Dont Tekno 07-27-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, does anyone know if ZJ is playing in this too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Busted day 1.

LDT

Rob Blackburn 07-27-2005 07:57 PM

Jason Strasser. The young guy I mentioned before. Has come here because of the help and efforts of PokerStars. Has lost some of his chips, but is still a bit above average. However, as I am writing this, he is just involved in a big pot, and unfortunately for him he is at the wrong end. Jacks against queens, his opponent's queens hold up. New status: In immediate danger (less than 15K).

Finally, some information on young guns. Young American Jason Strasser has just gone out, and his neighbor Noah Boeken is starting to run into trouble slowly but surely. While other players start acquiring stacks of about 100,000, the young Dutchman is down to 40K

Just read this in Rolf's Blog.

I though Shaniac was playing too, never saw his named mentioned.

Jason Strasser 07-31-2005 05:06 PM

Im terrible.

AtlBrvs4Life 07-31-2005 10:47 PM

Jason, you're obviously not terrible or a bad poker player. I'm sure most people on this board would like to read a trip report from you. I bet it will be better than ZJ's Party tournament report. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

kasey2004 07-31-2005 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and im a 103 year old grandmother with cancer [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

-Skeme- 07-31-2005 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, bud. Shake it off.