Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   1st 10k of 6max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=242147)

jph0424 04-29-2005 06:31 AM

1st 10k of 6max

Here are the stats from my 1st 10k 6 max hands. What needs work? Thanks.

PT stats

when you get to the link, click on the image for a larger clearer view. I did this because I am an idiot and could not get the image to appear by using the "image" UBB button and entering the website.

mack848 04-29-2005 06:34 AM

Re: 1st 10k of 6max

I see no image.

topspinner 04-29-2005 08:03 AM

Very nice stats, those are just about what I am striving for in about every area. I don't see anything out of line, but what do I know I am just a lowly 1-2 player.

Question for you, did you play 1-2 six max, before moving up? If so what was your bb/100? The reason I ask is two fold, one is I am wondering what the win rate would be with optimum stats (mine is 4.7 with many leaks) and also I have thought about moving up to 5-10 and wonder how win rate from 1-2 translates to 5-10. Thanks

NLSoldier 04-29-2005 08:04 AM

Wow, I honestly can't find anything in your stats to criticize. Maybe increase your PFR by a % or 2 but thats about it. I think your stats look really freaking good. Its a small sample but if your stats continue like that I think you should be able to maintain close to that winrate.

krishanleong 04-29-2005 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a small sample but if your stats continue like that I think you should be able to maintain close to that winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree if close means within 2.5 BBs.

Krishan

NLSoldier 04-29-2005 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its a small sample but if your stats continue like that I think you should be able to maintain close to that winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree if close means within 2.5 BBs.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I was thinking he should be able to maintain 2.5+bb/100. So I guess I meant within abou 1bb

mperich 04-29-2005 08:16 AM

If his postflop play is good and he is valuebetting well I think he is definately somewhere between 3 and 4/100.

-Mike

krishanleong 04-29-2005 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If his postflop play is good and he is valuebetting well I think he is definately somewhere between 3 and 4/100.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are insane. You can't extrapolate win rate from stats. Your postflop play has to be better than good to sustain 3+ BB/100. I'm willing to bet just from his posting 10K stats + his registration date that he is running hot.

Krishan

mperich 04-29-2005 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't extrapolate win rate from stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate had a very interesting post a couple of days ago with some research into this.

Link

While true that I believe this has slightly less relevence to shorthanded play, I don't think it's dismissable.

[ QUOTE ]
Your postflop play has to be better than good to sustain 3+ BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe very good, but definately not great or near-perfect, especially if you are not playing 4+ tables.

Maybe he is running hot, but like I said with very good postflop play and if he is valuebetting properly, 3-4 would be very possible. (Probably closer to 3 but who knows)

-Mike

RunDownHouse 04-29-2005 08:51 AM

I'm with Krishan all the way on this one. This is why we need a superspecialultramagic filter that takes any WR discussion out of posts with less than 50K hands, minimum.

And really, who cares if he's running well or is an incredible postflop player or what? I'm sure there are people out there that could beat this game for 3.5BB/100 over significant sample. Good for them, great. But its largely tangential to what I - and I'd assume most others - are here for. If we can know for a fact a given poster is a huge winner, it certainly gives more weight to their arguments on theory and play. But I don't need to know that Nikla can run at 4BB/100 to know that he's damn good and I should give serious thoughts to his posts anyways. I don't think I've ever seen a WR out of Rory, or MD, or others, and they all write some of the most unique, interesting posts in the forum.

Sorry, going on a bit of a tangent myself. But let's forget WR unless its in the context of something novel, ok?