Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Making the most from a big hand... (play along) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343588)

TakeMeToTheRiver 09-24-2005 05:42 PM

Making the most from a big hand... (play along)

Live 10/20 w/ 1/2 kill. Pot is killed (playing 15/30). 10 players.

Reads:

Table is generally loose. Most flops are four or five handed.
UTG+1: Loose aggressive pre-flop
MP1: Posting the kill (15), loose, passive, bad player.
MP2: Average player. Knows what he is doing but plays a few too many hands and calls down too often with marginal hands.
Hijack: Our hero.
Button: Good player that seems a little frustrated from getting sucked out several times earlier in the session.

Hero in hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pre-flop: UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls (posted kill), MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop (11SB): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero ????

Rezman5 09-24-2005 05:47 PM

Re: Making the most from a big hand... (play along)

Call and raise any non-heart turn.

SackUp 09-24-2005 05:59 PM

I'm probably folding this preflop though with your read of utg+1 being super aggressive that may change my mind. Though you say mp2 is solid so what is he cc with?

Flop - raise. Charge draws and don't let bb stick around for cheap.

TakeMeToTheRiver 09-24-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably folding this preflop though with your read of utg+1 being super aggressive that may change my mind. Though you say mp2 is solid so what is he cc with?

Flop - raise. Charge draws and don't let bb stick around for cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP2 is average (or maybe a little better) but with two guys in the hand and with the obvious read on UTG+1, I can see him playing a couple of suited connectors, especially broadway cards, in a multi-way pot. I think he re-raises preflop here with AK/AQ.

When you advocate raising on the flop, I assume you mean that I should charge the button (bb is gone). This pot is big enough that a flush draw is going nowhere and I am not sure we are losing a gutshot either (given how loose the table has played).

TakeMeToTheRiver 09-26-2005 09:30 AM

Hero in hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pre-flop: UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls (posted kill), MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop (11SB): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button raises, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero ????