Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Blind defense . . . a 1/2 hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308696)

NateDog 08-05-2005 06:53 PM

Blind defense . . . a 1/2 hand

SB is relatively tight (15) and quite passive (1.3). He hasn't gone after any blinds from the button, CO, or Hi-jack in the handful of orbits that I've played with him.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ?

Harv72b 08-05-2005 06:56 PM

Re: Blind defense . . . a 1/2 hand

Hero checks through and sees how his hand develops. When SB capped your preflop 3-bet, you can be pretty certain that he's ahead of you (at the least he has an ace or possibly KQs), and that he's not going to fold for 1 bet on a 55T flop.

See if you can catch a Q or J on the turn (or even an OESD), and then figure out your course of action from there.

NateDog 08-05-2005 06:58 PM

Thanks Harv . .

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?

flyangler 08-05-2005 07:08 PM

Hero should fold, I am pretty sure we are beat here and given your reads I am gonna lay it down.

Harv72b 08-05-2005 07:09 PM

Meh. I call it a small pot &amp; fold, then take the next one away from him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NateDog 08-05-2005 07:15 PM

Anyone make a move here?

kapw7 08-05-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone make a move here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No
You were going to be C-Red on the flop anyway

Dopey 08-05-2005 07:31 PM

I bet the flop.
If raised on the flop, I either fold or call and fold the turn UI.
If called I re-evaluate on the turn.

You have position. Youve shown aggression preflop, so he can't rule out you having a legitimate hand. If he has AK, AQ, AJ you can potentially move him off it. A lot of other hands he is either going to be passive enough to call and check the turn or tricky enough to call and try check-raising the turn allowing you to take a free card.

This pot is a decent size for heads-up short handed. You only need SB to fold 1 in 8 times for it to be correct.
I risk the bet, sometimes you need to give a passive player a chance to fold.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[Edit - In the original post you say passive (1.3), if that is AF then I stand behind my post, if it is PFR then I check behind and fold turn UI]

NateDog 08-05-2005 11:35 PM

Did I foil a flop c/r or did he cap AKo? Either way I'm behind, and the only way to win this pot is to make a move right? Is this worth fighting for?

And yes Dopey, the 1.3 is his total post-flop aggression factor.

Harv72b 08-06-2005 01:39 AM

Just for the record...if he's got a 1.3 PFAF with a VPIP that low, he isn't check/raising the flop with AK. He might not even bet the turn when you check through. 1.3 with a 15 VPIP is ungodly passive.

Of course, if the sample size is just a couple orbits, the AF number you have for him is pretty meaningless. Either way, I don't think this pot is worth fighting for.