Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   7 card stud newb question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354493)

10-10-2005 01:12 PM

7 card stud newb question

Ive always played hold 'em. Now Ive been watching some 7 card stud tables and i had a question. Party deals in 8 max at 7 card stud. If all 8 players stayed in till the river, thats 56 cards on the table. Is there a rule or something im not aware of?

ninjaunderwear 10-10-2005 01:50 PM

Re: 7 card stud newb question

I am even more a 7-card Stud newb than you, I never even thought of that.

Pov 10-10-2005 02:28 PM

I've never seen it actually happen at Party so I can't say for sure how they handle it, but in a normal game the rule is that everyone shares the same 7th card dealt up in the middle of the table.

playersare 10-10-2005 03:55 PM

strategically speaking, it would be virtually impossible for all 8 players to call all they way down to 7th street with playable hands, no more likely than 10 players at the river in texas hold em. though I haven't played a TON of stud online, I'd say the chances of cards running out in a single hand is probably even rarer than a royal flush, and would involve numerous if not all players to be drawing completely illogically to do so.

that being said, the last remaining card(s) shared by all players I believe is the correct rule should it actually happen.

tonypaladino 10-10-2005 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen it actually happen at Party so I can't say for sure how they handle it, but in a normal game the rule is that everyone shares the same 7th card dealt up in the middle of the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how party does it.

aucu 10-11-2005 03:43 PM

Yes the 7th card goes in the middle, when you see this you know 100% that you are in the right game.

Quicksilvre 10-11-2005 05:51 PM

Yes, that is standard (both the last card as being a community card, and having eight players to a table).

Hedge Henderson 10-12-2005 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
strategically speaking, it would be virtually impossible for all 8 players to call all they way down to 7th street with playable hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed it would, but some players will call anyway. To hell with strategy!

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say the chances of cards running out in a single hand is probably even rarer than a royal flush

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen a royal in stud. I've seen the community river card in 7-stud exactly three times, and I don't play much stud. The community card surprised me at first, but gave me the winning flush, so I was happy. Admittedly, though, I probably play lower limits than 99% of the people here.