Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   One of those hmm.... hands (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341437)

ggbman 09-21-2005 01:34 PM

One of those hmm.... hands

Villian is one of the few people i don't have stats on, he is reltively unknown.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Yes? No? and why?

NLSoldier 09-21-2005 01:43 PM

Re: One of those hmm.... hands

I fold the river. He played it just like a weak made hand.

Subfallen 09-21-2005 02:28 PM

You don't think an unknown villain could have gotten excited on the turn with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], etc. enough to look it up getting 11:1?

Dominic 09-21-2005 02:56 PM

he still bet the turn after your flop raise. He likes his hand. I chck/fold the river.

YoureToast 09-21-2005 03:00 PM

I think I'd rather raise the turn here and fold to a reraise and then check behind on the river. Your paying the same price, gaining some fold equity against something like midpair, and preventing a free card against AQ, KQ, 89 or PP. I don't like the call down here.

Subfallen 09-21-2005 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd rather raise the turn here and fold to a reraise...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're folding a broadway gutshot + 2 overcards getting 13:1...sure about that?

adios 09-21-2005 04:22 PM

What hand or range of hands do you think SB put you on? (n/m)

YoureToast 09-21-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd rather raise the turn here and fold to a reraise...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're folding a broadway gutshot + 2 overcards getting 13:1...sure about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup...I got that part wrong for sure. But I'd still probably raise/call and fold river.

CardSharpCook 09-21-2005 04:57 PM

I can certainly see an argument for raising the turn. In fact, I think I like it. Most likely he calls (but sometimes folds), but then he doesn't bet the river. No slow play at all despite your cap PF. Methinks mid-PP. OTOH, no way I fold this river played as you did. AQ and AK do show up here.

YoureToast 09-21-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can certainly see an argument for raising the turn. In fact, I think I like it. Most likely he calls (but sometimes folds), but then he doesn't bet the river. No slow play at all despite your cap PF. Methinks mid-PP. OTOH, no way I fold this river played as you did. AQ and AK do show up here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you call even if he reraised on the turn? That was really what I was referring to. If he called my raise on the turn and bet out on the river, it looks mighty suspicious and I'd probably call there. My WTSD stats are very low as others on this forum have pointed out -- but my attempts to increase them, such as in situations like this, have been miserable failures.