Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blind v Blind, A-high flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392474)

12-06-2005 05:30 AM

Blind v Blind, A-high flop

No arguments to raise preflop please.

Bodog 7.50. I'm big stack in the tournament with t85k. My image is tight. Blinds t800/t1600 with t150 ante. No read on villain, which usually means tight.

Folds to villain in SB.
SB (t23k) completes.
Hero checks with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

POT = t4k
FLOP: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets t4k
Hero?

In addition to how I should play this specific hand, what do you typically think when the SB completes and leads an A-high flop?

ansky451 12-06-2005 05:32 AM

Re: Blind v Blind, A-high flop

He thinks you don't got that ace. He probably doesn't have it either.

Folding= horrible.

I like calling, and reevaluating on the turn. I'm willing to put 23k in there if I don't beleive him.

12-06-2005 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Folding= horrible.

I like calling, and reevaluating on the turn. I'm willing to put 23k in there if I don't beleive him.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we decide if we believe him?

ansky451 12-06-2005 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Folding= horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we decide if we believe him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... thats just poker. Grow some testicles, and gauge the strength of his hand based on his turn action/ turn card. If its a blank, and he makes a smallish bet, I'll probably raise him all in. If he fires out a pot sized bet again I'd prob fold. If he checks, I may check behind and hope to get a free showdown/ snap off a river bluff. I also may bet, and possibly even call a push.

Blindcurve 12-06-2005 08:33 AM

Hero folds.

I don't think there's any reason to play a large pot. There are a lot of turn cards that don't help you. Your read on the Villain is tight. Even if he doesn't have an ace he could have a bigger ten. QJs in hearts is a favorite (if unlikely). I'm not sure villain folds a draw or an ace, so Villain would have to have a ten or a nine. I think the very worst ten the villain completes with is maybe T6s. A9-98 are reasonable, only K9 and Q9 release.

My personal reasoning is I'm not sure what I'm ahead of, and if I raise, I have to either put in something like 8k and fold to a reraise? or put the villain in when I'm not really sure I'm a favorite. It seems like I can find a better spot to go to war. For me, for my game, I can't afford to really play this flop.

12-06-2005 09:03 AM

can see calling, I can also see going over the top and not giving SB a free card. I mean cmon, in his place, how many times do you make a play at this pot? with air even.

Blindcurve 12-06-2005 09:06 AM

If Noah's correct on the image he is projecting, not often. Whether he is correct about his image, and how one determines that is a separate issue...

12-06-2005 09:09 AM

he said no read which usually means tight.

Noah, how long was he at this table?

ellipse_87 12-06-2005 11:00 AM

Given his tightness and his being aware of your tight image, a simple call will clarify the hand considerably. Another bet > half the pot when a blank hits the turn is easily foldable, and we can check behind with a good chance of a cheap showdown. OTH, there are 16 cards -- any [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8, or J -- that will provide a great opportunity to push and steal the pot from an A or T.