Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   typical situation, that ive still never managed to figure out (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406265)

Alobar 12-28-2005 12:37 AM

typical situation, that ive still never managed to figure out

villian is 24/14/3, dont know much else, he seems to be pretty good

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ???

tolbiny 12-28-2005 12:52 AM

Re: typical situation, that ive still never managed to figure out

can't help you, i don't three bet A3s in this situation

Alobar 12-28-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can't help you, i don't three bet A3s in this situation

[/ QUOTE ]

pretend you misclicked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tolbiny 12-28-2005 12:54 AM

actually i bet the turn in that situation.

Jinx 12-28-2005 12:55 AM

what's his atsb%? I'd probably call and make a note of what he had.

DeathDonkey 12-28-2005 12:56 AM

Easy turn bet. I fold this river against good TAG about 3/4 of the time.

-DeathDonkey

StellarWind 12-28-2005 12:58 AM

Bet the turn. There is a good chance that you have the best hand and he was just peeling the flop with something like Q8, KT, or whatever.

Now look at the turn card and all the things it did for you:

1. Nut flush draw.

2. Reduced chance of facing a jack.

3. New hidden outs versus a five or small pocket pair.

4. Kicker damage to sevens and fives. From Villain's perspective a hand like T7 or Q5 just took a nasty out reduction when the board overpaired. Why does this matter? Because it may stop the checkraise.

4. Improved chances of chopping another ace.

This check with outs thing is overdone. Being more aggressive with extra pot equity is often a good thing.

As played I think you signed up to call the river. This is a pretty good board for winning unimproved.

RunDownHouse 12-28-2005 01:48 AM

I'd expect a TAG to c/r this flop with Js a fair amount of time, so that holding can be discounted some. Given that, I really think you should bet the turn here. Nut flush draw, better chance of splitting with another A, all that good stuff that's been mentioned.

The river is tougher. If he has a read on you, he has to think that you'd value bet almost any pair on the turn, and would only check behind some A-high hands and draws. And if he's good, he's not going to bet if he expects you to fold near 100% of the time, as you would with any draw. So this might be an A hoping to fold a weakly-played better A, but more often I think he's betting a hand better than A-high (or at least most A-high), since he wouldn't make a bet with no value. He should know you're intent on either folding the river UI or trying to get to showdown with a not-so-great hand, which in this case would not include most pairs.

Its late, did that make any sense?

NLfool 12-28-2005 02:20 AM

he checked twice. You have positon, a good draw, a chance of having the current best hand. Why wouldn't you bet

Victor 12-28-2005 03:39 AM

i misread action. sorry.