Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How good would you be at this game? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287544)

ClaytonN 07-06-2005 05:24 PM

How good would you be at this game?

Assume you are in a ring of people. The first person says his or her name. The second person must say the first person's name, then their name. The third person must say the first person's name, the second person's name, and then their name.

How many people must be ahead of you in this ring before you start to think, "Wow, this is gonna be tough"?

I say this because this was one of the "getting to know other people" games in one of the group sessions among people who were in similar dorm areas in the 2-day college orientation. I was person #20 or so and I struggled, while the guy 2 spots after me was able to rattle them off with little trouble.

sexypanda 07-06-2005 05:25 PM

Re: How good would you be at this game?

I'd screw up even if I were first in line. I'm horrible with names.

Edit: I guess second... I ocassionally remember my own name.

TheWorstPlayer 07-06-2005 05:27 PM

I would be very good. I think I could easily do 50. I have a very good memory for names and faces and once you hear each person saying the names, you learn who the people are by associating the name with the face, you don't remember the string of names. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if I could easily do 100 after hearing the first 99.

squeek12 07-06-2005 05:27 PM

I sit down at a poker table and introduce myself to my neighbor...I'll be lucky if I remember his name after 2 hands. Does this answer your question?

DemonDeac 07-06-2005 05:27 PM

ur an idiot

j/k

i dont know. knowing that the whole point of the exercise was to remember names, i could prolly rattle off 20 or so.

pryor15 07-06-2005 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sit down at a poker table and introduce myself to my neighbor...I'll be lucky if I remember his name after 2 hands. Does this answer your question?

[/ QUOTE ]

but i'll bet you remember what hand he showed after he checkraised you 3 hours ago.

mmbt0ne 07-06-2005 05:30 PM

ClaytonN
sexypanda
TheWorstPlayer
squeek12
DeamonDeac

at least 7th

WackityWhiz 07-06-2005 05:31 PM

I always hated these games... sometimes I get rattled when I get put on the spot and I'm always afraid that I'll forget someone's name that I've known for a long time. That would be really embarrassing.

RacersEdge 07-06-2005 05:35 PM

Hmm..not very good..if I'm 20th, it means I've heard the 1st person's name 19 times, so I'd probably get that one - probably about the first 4, and the 19th person, and miss everything in between..

squeek12 07-06-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
but i'll bet you remember what hand he showed after he checkraised you 3 hours ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct sir.