Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who is the worst NFL starting QB? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373074)

11-06-2005 06:30 PM

Who is the worst NFL starting QB?

11-06-2005 06:39 PM

Re: Who is the worst NFL starting QB?

Bollinger didn't start but looks like he will next week that's why he's in there.

McGahee 11-06-2005 06:45 PM

Joey Harrington - and I'm debating on whether or not it's close.

imported_CaseClosed326 11-06-2005 06:54 PM

Whenever I see him play it seems as if he would like to be anywhere else besides the field.

ibankonu 11-06-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But i'm from Detroit, so I might be a bit biased.

A_C_Slater 11-06-2005 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I see him play it seems as if he would like to be anywhere else besides the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that in college his teammates nicknamed him "princess."

I hate him.

Colonel Kataffy 11-06-2005 08:46 PM

Since I can't vote for Favre, I guess I'll say Harrington.

Punker 11-06-2005 09:03 PM

Harrington is not in the same league of bad-ness as Chris Simms right now. Not even close.

DangerGoodson 11-06-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was the best player on the vikings today.

Crveballin 11-06-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I opened this thread to specifically vote for him.

mostsmooth 11-06-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i thought we already established that harrington replaced batch, thus, batch is the worst?

PokerFink 11-07-2005 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Ye gods, he is awful. They actually have real talent on that team, he should be atleast reasonable.

fingokra 11-07-2005 01:34 AM

Aaron Brooks

Jules22 11-07-2005 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrington is not in the same league of bad-ness as Chris Simms right now. Not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerFink 11-07-2005 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we taking into account that Harrington has been starting for years, and Simms has not?

11-07-2005 01:45 AM

Im writing in David freaking Carr.

PokerFink 11-07-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen how bad Houston's offensive line is?

James282 11-07-2005 02:39 AM

I am surprised that Pickett and Simms didn't get almost all the votes. Sure Harrington has been bad, but have you even seen these other 2 under center? It's truly disgusting.
-James

Hornacek 11-07-2005 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Joey Harrington - and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

It kinda makes me yearn for the old days of the Mike McMahon era...

11-07-2005 12:50 PM

Chris Simms was my vote. He has the physical ability but mentally he is not there at all. The decisions and throws he makes are just awful. The only reason he has any stats is because of a couple of really long TDs, but those are far outweighed by throwing INTs for TDs, fumbling in key situations, throwing ahead of or behind open receivers, taking sacks when he could throw it away. It was so bad in the 4th quarter against Carolina, he was just sitting on the bench solo with no teammates talking to him, finally Gruden came by trying to cheer him up. If you're going to be the leader of the team, your teammates have to have some respect for you.

All of this could be said for Joey Harrington too probably.

Wes ManTooth 11-07-2005 01:29 PM

any QB for the 49ers should win this

brettbrettr 11-07-2005 02:52 PM

Comparing guys who start to guys who don't start to guys who just starting starting is dumb.

11-07-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I have, and I've also seen repeartedly the fact that he doens't understand when to get rid of the ball. He just doesnt execute right. FWIW, we're prolly getting rid of Capers and getting the UT QB, so I will just wait.

holeplug 11-07-2005 03:32 PM

Joey Harrington. Chris Simms is a backup so I don't think he should count for this even though he is starting at the moment.

Hornacek 11-07-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I have, and I've also seen repeartedly the fact that he doens't understand when to get rid of the ball. He just doesnt execute right. FWIW, we're prolly getting rid of Capers and getting the UT QB, so I will just wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good God. Have you seen Vince Young try to throw? He has no arm.

11-07-2005 04:09 PM

Whoever the three people are that voted for me can go [censored] themselves.

11-07-2005 04:31 PM

honestly, what houston needs more than anything is a qb who can march down the firld. regardless of his arm strength, he can and will break tackles, and has more ability to get rid of the ball when it's called for.

all in all, a huuuuuuge step up from carr.

brettbrettr 11-07-2005 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly, what houston needs more than anything is a qb who can march down the firld. regardless of his arm strength, he can and will break tackles, and has more ability to get rid of the ball when it's called for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think rather than put together an offensive line they should spend (more) huge money on a qb that likes to run around. Its pretty clear that he'll be able to avoid hits and play every game and have a long and productive career. Throwing the ball is overrated. This seems like a really, really good plan.

Aceshigh7 11-07-2005 05:09 PM

I agree, David Carr is just awful. He just doesn't seem to have the right kind of instincts. I vote they fire Dom and Casserly. And draft Vince Young or Marcus Vick.

11-07-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think rather than put together an offensive line they should spend (more) huge money on a qb that likes to run around. Its pretty clear that he'll be able to avoid hits and play every game and have a long and productive career. Throwing the ball is overrated. This seems like a really, really good plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

why dont you actually take time to erad my post. A) I said that we need someone who can march down the field. If you think that I literally meant running, you're a moron. He can throw short passes very well.
B) I qualified my statement by saying that I know he's not a good arm, but he's still a step up from carr.

thanks for stopping by.

steel, I agree.

brettbrettr 11-07-2005 05:28 PM

I did erad your post. I assumed when you said "marching down the field" you meant run. Sorry if I misinterpreted it...

A few things:

1. I don't care who your qb is, if he gets hit ten times a game he won't play every week and he won't play many years.

2. If by "marching down the field" you're saying you want a qb who can lead the offense on drives, well, umm, yeah, I'm fairly sure everyone will agree with you. You don't gain points for originality....

3. To say a QB who has never played in the NFL is a step up from one who has is really, really stupid.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your original point.

11-07-2005 05:31 PM

yeah, thats cool, didnt mean to jump in your [censored]. been a bad day.

You're absolutely right about college qb's vs. NFL qb's. However, I will defend my position only by saying that it has been wholly depressnig to be a houston citizen under Carr, and I would be lying if I didnt say I'd take damn near anyone, just for a change of pace.

I also have to wonder, does any of the blame in houston come down to the line coach? if the guys are in the NFL, I would think they have the raw physical ability to get it done, then it comes down to coaching right?

brettbrettr 11-07-2005 05:40 PM

Yeah, I'm a Jets fan. I have been witness to awful Quarterbacking for years, I understand.

I think, in general, talent is more important than coaching when it comes to the O line. The only O line coach I know to seemingly always get it done is Alex Gibbs, and most credit that to his devotion to the chop block. I'm sure there are a bunch of o line coaches who can turn a good group of blockers into a great line. But I'm not sure the difference is all that great when dealing with mediocre players.

The thing about Houston is that this line has been horrible for years now. The blame for all of this should go straight to the FO. Yes, they drafted Boselli with their first pick and he never played. But that was, what?, like 3 years ago?

11-07-2005 05:49 PM

amen. the FO sucks... it all started with calling them "The Texans".

You make a good point about O Line coaches. Im wondering now how this problem could be alleviated? Im sure that we could trade for some aging linemen, or gamble on some picks, but we can't give up the scant talent taht we have to pick up proven linemen, and no one would want ours.

bugstud 11-07-2005 05:54 PM

coaching scheme matters a ton. imo, the real key is getting that solid LT then 4 maulers for the rest of the line. Houston should love whatever franchise lt they get this draft.

11-07-2005 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
coaching scheme matters a ton. imo, the real key is getting that solid LT then 4 maulers for the rest of the line. Houston should love whatever franchise lt they get this draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be the obvious move, but methinks you're giving too much credit to the FO.

we shall see

PokerFink 11-07-2005 07:03 PM

One thing you have to remember is that part of an O-Line's success or failure is the ability to pick up the blitz. Generally, the responsability of recognizing the blitz falls on the Center and QB.

Since I don't watch Texans' games I have no idea how good Carr is at blitz recognition, but I'm assuming he isn't very good.

brettbrettr 11-07-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Like I said, I don't really know much about o lines. FWIW, I think this is their man. He's got a knee thing though.

Clarkmeister 11-13-2005 05:00 PM

Cody Pickett just sewed this one up with his stellar 1-13, 1INT performance today.

lastchance 11-13-2005 09:29 PM

Yupz.