Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A8o in the BB HU (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336068)

Guido 09-13-2005 05:09 PM

A8o in the BB HU

My opponent has a PFR of about 15% and a VP$IP of about 19 so he's obviously decent preflop. His postflop aggression factors are 1.5, 1 and 1 respectively. So not bad either.

It was a full ring table and it was folded to my opponent at the button and he raises. SB folds and I call A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Flop comes: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet out, he raises, I 3-bet and he calls.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, I call.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I?

Thanks,

Guido

Guido 09-14-2005 06:39 AM

Re: A8o in the BB HU

Is this hand really that boring?

tongni 09-14-2005 06:44 AM

I dont' see how you could fold.

Guido 09-14-2005 06:54 AM

What hands do I beat against a tight player on the river? Would he raise K8 or Q8 preflop? I can't come up with many hands that he would play this way that I beat. Even a flush draw got there on the river.

Thanks,

Guido

Danenania 09-14-2005 06:56 AM

I would 3-bet preflop and without a detailed read always call the river. People just randomly get out of line or overplay hands HU too often, in spite of their stats, to fold.

Guido 09-14-2005 07:08 AM

When you know a player is pretty tight, why wouldn't you believe him when it's HU? Again, what hands do I beat? I forgot to tell but this is 30/60, not 5/10 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Does that change your decision?

Thanks,

Guido

Danenania 09-14-2005 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you know a player is pretty tight, why wouldn't you believe him when it's HU? Again, what hands do I beat? I forgot to tell but this is 30/60, not 5/10 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Does that change your decision?

Thanks,

Guido

[/ QUOTE ]
Tight players are more aggro HU because they see other players be more aggro HU and get suspicious more often and try weird things to counter the increased aggression. And in my experience just seeing tight PF numbers is not enough to make this fold at 9 to 1. I could be wrong. And if you have any kind of solid read on this guy beyond his numbers that says he's straightforward then fold by all means. You are correct that there is nothing logical that you are ahead of. I am worried about illogical things.

It being 30/60 makes me more apt to want to call as A.) I assume his stats have a lot of full ring play mixed in so he isn't really that tight, B.) From what I hear that is generally a very aggro game.

tongni 09-14-2005 07:24 AM

This could be Q8 or 45o. Making tough folds in the blinds HU on the river is not a recipe for success.

setjes 09-14-2005 07:53 AM

Is bet, 3bet ur standard flopplay against this kind of opponent? When u look at his stats he doesn't seem really aggro. Don't u think c/ring the flop is better?

MrBig30 09-14-2005 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont' see how you could fold.

[/ QUOTE ]