Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I'm running good and I STILL have questions... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296415)

The Truth 07-19-2005 10:37 PM

I\'m running good and I STILL have questions...

that is crazy.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, action and plan?

villian is tag

johnsy 07-19-2005 10:47 PM

Re: I\'m running good and I have questions...

muck.

he has qj

07-19-2005 11:26 PM

Re: I\'m running good and I STILL have questions...

I'm fine with folding here.

Psycho21 07-20-2005 12:26 AM

The Party 15 game is move central. I think you got to three bet on the flop, and bet the turn unless it is really bad.

Danenania 07-20-2005 12:33 AM

You definitely can't fold. He can do this with any pair and some draws like 76/87, A2/A3 and perhaps others. The question is whether to put in another raise on the flop/turn or just call down. I think I would lean towards call down unless the turn is an A or K--then I'd probably throw in a raise, folding to a 3-bet and taking free sd on the riv.

ChewyMint 07-20-2005 01:05 AM

I'm definately 3-betting. If you get called, bet the turn, and check the river. I think you can safely fold to a cap on the flop, although it might be worth calling to nail a 6 on the turn for 1 more SB.

ChewyMint

ike 07-20-2005 02:19 AM

Call down unless opponent is sufficiently predictable to justify raising and folding to a 3bet on the turn.

The Truth 07-20-2005 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You definitely can't fold. He can do this with any pair and some draws like 76/87, A2/A3 and perhaps others. The question is whether to put in another raise on the flop/turn or just call down. I think I would lean towards call down unless the turn is an A or K--then I'd probably throw in a raise, folding to a 3-bet and taking free sd on the riv.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is your action if turn pairs the 4 or 5?

Fillamoore 07-20-2005 06:32 AM

I'm pretty convinced at this point that he has a Queen. He's in the BB...the question to ask is if he planned on checkraising you even if the sb had called? if thats the case then he almost certainly has a Q. That being the case...i call his raise here to try to either spike a 6, or hit an A or K and raise to represent if he's a tite enough player who will fold QJ or QT in this spot. If i brick on the turn im muckin my cards.

Danenania 07-20-2005 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is your action if turn pairs the 4 or 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call.