Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   party bad beat jackpot tbale (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357744)

10-14-2005 04:55 PM

party bad beat jackpot tbale

I was wondering if anybody had gathered and started a two pplus two table to try and win the party poker bad beat jackpot. I was just thinking that if everyone at the table knew the type of hands to get involved with and kept the preflop raising to a minimum, it might increase chances of hitting it? Any thoughts on this?

alul 10-14-2005 05:21 PM

Re: party bad beat jackpot tbale

Oops, the antispam software missed this one...

10-14-2005 05:22 PM

I would be down for trying (I play bad beat because they are favorable tables), but, even with 2+2ers, its so improbable that we would hit it, that we'd be bored and down money. I'd think the other people here would have higher expectations playing their usual games than shutting down and trying to win the BB. Unfortunately, it takes a losing hand of quad 8s against a hand that uses both hole cards.

But, I'm willing to give it the old college try; play any pair or suited connector and no one raise. sounds like the only winner in this endeavor would be the rake can thoguh.

TheHammer24 10-14-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if anybody had gathered and started a two pplus two table to try and win the party poker bad beat jackpot. I was just thinking that if everyone at the table knew the type of hands to get involved with and kept the preflop raising to a minimum, it might increase chances of hitting it? Any thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...this is unethical and an unneeded risk to say the least

Dagger78 10-14-2005 05:43 PM

Just to good of a chance Party finds out what you're doing and then invalidates the Jackpot if the table does hit the long shot.

10-14-2005 06:15 PM

This is a terrible idea. Obviously it's cheating and party will look for that kind of thing especially when the Jackpot is as high as it is now. Party will even review chat at the table. If there is any discussion such as "try to keep PFRs to a min" the Jackpot will likely be taken away.

BigBrother 10-14-2005 06:17 PM

Re: party bad beat jackpot tabool

geez, what a bunch of nits. Makes perfect sense to me. Limp limp limp, check check check.

Realistically though, since it's 8's or better anyway, playing your A-game but just replacing a few unsuited hands with a few suited connecters and 1-gappers is the way to go. BBJ tables are typically an all-u-can eat cold-calling buffet.

That said, the BBJ tables seem tight today...only 56% of 2000 hands were raked. (Mostly 3/6, some 5/10 and some 2/4).

BigBrother 10-14-2005 06:21 PM

Don't you understand the whole Idea of JP's is to increase the action and that's what lots of limping will do?

If a pot ain't raked, it ain't winning no JP, and Party ain't makin no $$ on it.

Party could give a crap if you tell your table you want to win the Jackpot...of COURSE you do, so does everybody that's why there are so many frickin BBJ tables going right now.

shant 10-14-2005 06:31 PM

COUNT ME IN

10-14-2005 06:33 PM

There are ethical issues there. Colluding puts everyone else at the BBJ tables at a disadvantage. Saying "party won't do anything if you collude to win the BBJ" is like saying "party won't do anything if you collude to take other players' money".

Do they actually care? I really don't know. But I do know they take action against all other forms of cheating. Why wouldn't they take action against this one?