Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Party 10-20 - Postflop decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401387)

AAlimper 12-19-2005 02:17 PM

Party 10-20 - Postflop decision

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8 BB

No notes on any of the players. I am multitabling, so not paying very much attention. Considering that fact, this is a typical situation where I give it up on the flop, especially for 2 cold. If it was 1 bet I would probably see the turn, depending on how many of the other players who were interested.

Comments?

jason_t 12-19-2005 02:19 PM

Re: Party 10-20 - Postflop decision

Fold preflop.

DMBFan23 12-19-2005 02:20 PM

AAlimper,

if you plan on calling one bet on the flop, why not bet it yourself? from the SB you can represent lots of hands, and players will fold hands that it would have been correct for them to call with. also someone might raise with a plethora of worse hands and assist you with hand protection.

then again there is something to be said for getting away cheap if (as in this case) it's multiple bets cold to you...I still like a bet though.

DMBFan23 12-19-2005 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this too. I tend to complete these kinds of hands if the pot is shorthanded, in these big multiway pots I prefer something that can make more nut-type hands (87o, 46s)

jason_t 12-19-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this too. I tend to complete these kinds of hands if the pot is shorthanded, in these big multiway pots I prefer something that can make more nut-type hands (87o, 46s)

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. A hand like A6o has serious reverse implied odds against it in a spot like this.

slavic 12-19-2005 04:06 PM

This hand says it's 6 max but it's 8 handed.

In the full ring I fold this preflop. Naked aces, and A6o is as naked as it gets, are hard to play with position and your wanting ot play it at the worst position possible. In this case you got just about the best flop you could hope for and still had to fold. I realize your getting 13:1 preflop, so no your not losing money by completing, but you are in a mistake heavy land postflop.