Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pocket TT - What to do on River (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402176)

waynethetrain 12-20-2005 05:01 PM

Pocket TT - What to do on River

No read on Villian who just posted.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

I briefly considered checking and folding this flop against 2 overcards and 2 players, but took a shot.

Flop: (7 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

He raised me with something and now the STR8 filled.

River: (10.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?

jrz1972 12-20-2005 05:05 PM

Re: Pocket TT - What to do on River

You have to bet this river. Villain will often have only two pair or even just top pair and will pay off every single time. If villain raises, I call hoping he's getting out of line with something like QJ or Q9.

Vote4Pedro 12-20-2005 05:06 PM

Bet/fold, he'll pay off with hands like QT or JT

12-20-2005 05:07 PM

bet/call

12-20-2005 05:10 PM

Gotta bet, no question. Just because he raised doesnt mean he has the straight though it is likely he does. If your going to 3 bet the turn you have to bet the river here.

imported_The Vibesman 12-20-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to bet this river. Villain will often have only two pair or even just top pair and will pay off every single time. If villain raises, I call hoping he's getting out of line with something like QJ or Q9.

[/ QUOTE ]

@bsolute_luck 12-20-2005 05:17 PM

i can't see KQ slowplaying and K9 would cap the turn, so that leaves some hand with an 8 that that river helps. i think we'll see 2 pair here more often, so i bet/call.

mojobluesman 12-20-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't seem clear cut to me.

If I bet and he has top pair or 2 pair I gain a bet.

If I bet and he has the STR8 he raises, I call, and I lose 2 bets.

How much more likely is top pair/2 pair than a STR8 here?

joeski19 12-20-2005 05:22 PM

Grunch

Hmm the only read is that he posted UTG+1, I would take that as being a loose player. I like the turn 3-bet as I think his raise gave him two pair. Ok, now the river sucks for us. I’d bet and call raise. You either get the pot or some nice notes, or both.

jrz1972 12-20-2005 05:24 PM

I honestly think a straight is pretty unlikely. Like @bsolute said, there just aren't that many hands that play the flop and turn that way that now have the straight. Would AK have limped preflop? Would Q8 have raised the turn? The only hand I'm really worried about here is KQ.

Edit: Also, we should note that the math isn't quite as bad as "I win 1 bet if I'm ahead but lose 2 if I'm behind." Sometimes you will win if you get raised (which is why I advocate calling), and sometimes an 8 will fail to raise, fearing a K. I'm not saying that's good play by villain, just that it really does happen sometimes.